Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US&S 1911 value

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

US&S 1911 value

I have a chance to purchase a US&S 1911, it is all original, Around 90%. I can't really find any for sale anywhere. What is it worth?

Feedback Score
    All I found was:
    http://www.gunauction.com/buy/7877400

Saw a Cheaper Than Dirt blog entry that said one sold at auction for around $6500. That was from 2012.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Damn I better jump on it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda4828 View Post
    Damn I better jump on it
    Sure seems like it. I don't know much about the older collectible 1911s. But if that's the going price and you're getting it under that....might not be a bad purchase.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't know much about them either. Was thinking of trading my m16a4 clone for it. I have about 2k in it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do some research first, if you haven't already. You want to look this pistol over very carefully. I'd be looking for correct parts, markings, etc, There's a lot of fakes out there, maybe swing by the 1911 forum and ask over there, there's some very knowledgeable folks over there who could help you..
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have done a little research on marking and such. I know the frame and slide are correct. I am going to look at the barrel markings and the other parts before I do a deal. A friend of mine has the gun, it was his grandfathers. When he showed me the gun it was in a pistol case wrapped in some sort of old brown oil paper. I offered him 1800cash for the gun as long as it is all original(I'm sure it is), or my m16a4 clone. I just don't want to lose $$ on the deal.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I don't know much about them either. Was thinking of trading my m16a4 clone for it. I have about 2k in it.
    Just because it has the right marks doesn't prove very much these days...be very careful.
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have done a little research on marking and such. I know the frame and slide are correct. I am going to look at the barrel markings and the other parts before I do a deal. A friend of mine has the gun, it was his grandfathers. When he showed me the gun it was in a pistol case wrapped in some sort of old brown oil paper. I offered him 1800cash for the gun as long as it is all original(I'm sure it is), or my m16a4 clone. I just don't want to lose $$ on the deal.

Without any photos, any opinion you receive here will be worthless.

Be advised that just because it was your friend's grandfather's pistol, the parts may not be original. I inherited the M1911A1 that was issued to my dad when he was in the Army and the slide was a Colt with a Remington Rand frame and grips off of an M1911 (not an 'A1). The Army was not concerned with keeping all the original parts together with any particular pistol.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The frame and slide are correct. I do plan on checking everything before I buy. My question is IF the barrel, hammer, barrel bushing, trigger, sights and finish hasn't been touched would it be worth 2k In 90% condition?
    I do wish I had pictures to post, but I only saw the gun for about a minute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast