Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking into getting my first, good, fixed edge kife.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Looking into getting my first, good, fixed edge kife.

I'm have looking into getting a fixed edge for sometime to my growing gear. Mission for this will be like a field knife for the woods, hiking and able to be mounted on MOLLE. I've been looking at the Ontario RATs, or an ESEE, but am curious if there are other good options?

I've been had with low quality steel before. Tiss why I'm here.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    For the money, I personally think this tough SOB is very hard to beat:

http://www.amazon.com/Ka-Bar-Becker-...ds=becker+bk+2

Check out reviews all over the web...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How much do you want to spend? The Bark River Bravo series is top notch. They offer different blade sizes, and materials. I have a Bravo 1 and Gunny, both in A2 steel, and really like them. They are a bit pricey. However, the Beckers are a good value, and I have been happy with my BK-16 as an all purpose hiking knife. The ESEE's are also very good, and I've had an RC-3, 4, and 5, but sold them off to a friend who wanted them.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
    How much do you want to spend? The Bark River Bravo series is top notch. They offer different blade sizes, and materials. I have a Bravo 1 and Gunny, both in A2 steel, and really like them. They are a bit pricey. However, the Beckers are a good value, and I have been happy with my BK-16 as an all purpose hiking knife. The ESEE's are also very good, and I've had an RC-3, 4, and 5, but sold them off to a friend who wanted them.
    About $150-180.

I had gotten one of the Glock knives last year. I liked the design and sheath, but the edge could never hold, and finish was easy to rub off.

How are the Ka-Bars? I've heard mixed reviews.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    ESEE 3 is what I tell people who ask me this question. Great size, utility, easy to sharpen, and usually $90-$100. You can buy a better knife but not for $100.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePike View Post
    ESEE 3 is what I tell people who ask me this question. Great size, utility, easy to sharpen, and usually $90-$100. You can buy a better knife but not for $100.
    Another vote for ESEE. Plus if you take one of their Alumni classes, you get ESEE 3 serialized class knife (that aren't available to public).
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    I have the ESEE 3.mil and the blade could be longer, so I would recommend the ESEE 4.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    ESEE or Scrapyard is what I usually recommend.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another option that has been gaining a following:

http://surviveknives.com/

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I'm a little biased because I know the owner but Battlehorse Knives rule. They are a family business and are great people. I have several of their knives and they have made a few knives from my drawings.

Untitled by Cory Fluck, on Flickr
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast