Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Making an RRA better?

Feedback Score
    +1 for what Grant said ,a lot of companys start out great than build a name and than strat slipping on the QC. Bushmaster is a prime example . I too would prefer to start out with an LMT or Bravo upper and get a good lower and end up with a better weapon for less . did not know RRA had slipped,sad to hear it .
    WHO ME ? ---- A government big enough to
    give you everything you want, is
    strong enough to take everything
    you have.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Also, the "gold standard" as you call it should ONLY be viewed as the starting point on how to build an AR.
    I'm just getting into the AR scene significantly, so am following this thread with interest. My question regarding the quote is, given that the "gold standard" TDP is secret, how do we know when something is better than it?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by biodegraded View Post
    I'm just getting into the AR scene significantly, so am following this thread with interest. My question regarding the quote is, given that the "gold standard" TDP is secret, how do we know when something is better than it?
    While the TDP is technically a controlled document, there are enough of us around that know if something is superior or not to it.

Like for instance, the Noveske N4 barrels. These are superior to the TDP required spec IMHO. VLTOR Forged MUR's, better than the required spec. Smith Enterprise Vortex, better than the required spec. The list goes on and on.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Most lower tiered AR's run in the $850-$950 range. By my public school math, you can get into an LMT (buying the upper and lower seperate) for around $930. So the question I always have to ask is, why bother with a RRA or BM???
    C4
    No way I can argue your logic there Grant. Doing that exact thing with my future SBR build.
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mayonaise View Post
    No way I can argue your logic there Grant. Doing that exact thing with my future SBR build.
    I wrote an article on this for my site, based on this thread.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234