Thread: Yankee Hill Machine rails?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Yankee Hill Machine rails?

Deciding on getting some YHM Lightweight Free Float rails (YHM-9631).

Does anybody have any experience with YHM rails or can actually vouch that they are a dependable name?

Also, would this free float rail have better performance in accuracy and durability than UTG Quad Rails? What are good benefits of Free float.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a YHM free float 12.0 rail. It will go on a .22 AR. I wouldn't put it on anything else.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ballsout View Post
    Deciding on getting some YHM Lightweight Free Float rails (YHM-9631).

Does anybody have any experience with YHM rails or can actually vouch that they are a dependable name?

Also, would this free float rail have better performance in accuracy and durability than UTG Quad Rails? What are good benefits of Free float.

They're big and kinda heavy. The newest ones with the anti-rotational screws are the best best, they hold up well.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    They're big and kinda heavy. The newest ones with the anti-rotational screws are the best best, they hold up well.

Plus-1. More big than heavy--put on the rail covers and its down right freaky! Id go with their non-float rail unit insted. But if you MUST have your weapon Free Floated I suggest you save a bit more and go with Midwest Ind., LaRue, or DD. Or consider a nice drop in unit such as KNIGHTS or MI. Both are outstanding examples of that type. As far as UTG goes--run away....fast. I hope that I've helped.

Feedback Score
    I would say that yankee hill makes some pretty high quality stuff but the rails are big and heavy. Daniel Defense makes the best rail IMO. If you watch the member's for sale forum you could probably pic up a used M4 rail and new I think it's only like $50 more than the yankee hill.

Feedback Score
    Not sue why you need free-floaters on a fighting rifle, but to each his own - the beauty of freedom. If it were me, I'd go for a Troy MRF-DI. Built like a tank, but only adds 2oz of weight to your rifle. Drop in like a dream - tight like prom night....At $140.00 and change, they are extremely hard to beat....

Feedback Score
    I know I know, cheap chinese crap, but i recently bought a set of UTG rails for my M4 and couldn't be happier. Don't know if i'd recommend them for combat but they mounted up rock solid and if you're on a budget they're great. I've got a surefire and a tangodown VFG on mine. Two biggest drawbacks are cheap rail covers that they send, and no free float. But who's lookin to drive tacks with a 14.5? All in all I would buy em again.

On the other hand I also have a YHM riser and it is a very nice, high quality piece. YHM makes a great product.
    Drop 'em where they stand, leave 'em where they lay.