Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best 10.5-12" upper for use with Saker Suppressor

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Best 10.5-12" upper for use with Saker Suppressor

Hello, just got my Silencerco Saker suppressor in after a long wait. I had a Noveske 10.5" swithblock upper on order for a long time too but I got burned on that deal so it won't be happening.....in the meantime I need another upper. Would prefer a completed one as I don't have the time or equipment to build an upper myself. Can anyone recommend a good one that will run reliably suppressed? Want something reliable firstand foremost, then lightweight. This is a definite short range carbine so accuracy isn't the most important consideration. Needs to be 5.56/.223 caliber only. Budget up to 2k.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    BCM 12" Kino.
    BCM ELW 11.5 KMR
    BCM 11.5 LW upper.

I have the 11.5 LW upper. runs perfectly. About 1000 rounds. I threw a Syrac adj. gas block on it to tune it, but now it will only run suppressed unless I adjust 3 clicks. Not a big deal. Ammo in mags gets a little dirty and is tougher to clean if you reload.

I was gifted an Adams Arms 11.5 piston upper. Haven't shot it more than a couple hundred rounds, but works well so far. It keeps the internals a bit cleaner including mag, not that it's a huge deal to get it dirty. The BCM are great, but I usually run that one suppressed 'cos I reload lots and it's a bit easier to go from suppressed to non-suppressed with the AA gas block one click, no tools.
    Last edited by Shiz; 05-18-15 at 16:41.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Why not get the upper that you wanted?
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What's the wait time on Noveskes these days? You can't order that upper directly from them. Would I have to find a dealer somewhere? I'm reluctant to do a distant phone transaction involving long wait times and probable money up front since I got burned on my last one.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    If you still want it, call Noveske. DSG Arms will let you backorder it, and I don't think they charge your card until they have it to ship. You can contact them to be sure. Call Rainier Arms, and see what they have to say. Keep an eye on the EE, because I have seen them before. There is probably one on TOS right now, but I haven't been over there looking. Here is one with a stainless barrel on Gunbroker. If you look hard enough, someone wants to sell one right now.

BCM also has many to choose from on their retail site. Sionics has a really nice 11.5 upper, and it is way below your budget. A 10.5 LMT CQB MRP, is an awesome upper.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarM1A View Post
    What's the wait time on Noveskes these days? You can't order that upper directly from them. Would I have to find a dealer somewhere? I'm reluctant to do a distant phone transaction involving long wait times and probable money up front since I got burned on my last one.
    Order from rogtac.com. No money up front. Very reputable.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I also like the LMT 10.5 cqb mpr. Also consider a 11.5 KAC upper If you are set on factory complete uppers.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    What are the needs for the end user? Reliability and lightweight are stated, accuracy is mentioned later as not as important.
    I would tend towards the lighter porting of the KAC 11.5" with a A5H3 buffer/ LMT enhanced carrier/ Colt rifle spring, but I do not have the data for the cyclic rate change in these with that can, but these do seem to operate well with most cans with full power 5.56 ammo. Depending on the cyclic rate change, you may end up with a heavier buffer and the green spring with the can on. YMMV if not using good full power 5.56 ammunition.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I don't know if it's "the" best, but I'm running a Saker 556 on a BCM 11.5" upper with 10" KMR. The lower has an A5 system with Sprinco green spring and A5H3 buffer and it runs great. I've been debating off an on whether I want to try an adjustable gas block to fine tune it.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    LMT 10.5" upper. The crane spec .071" gas-port from the factory is made for running a suppressor all day every day. If not then I would then grab either a Sionics or BCM 11.5" with gas ports about .076".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast