Thread: Snubby shooting grip

Feedback Score

Snubby shooting grip

What grip do you personally use when shooting a 'snubby'?

Not my pictures.

Or

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use a grip similar to the third pic. I like to use the same grip for both revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. If you shoot a semi-automatic using the grip in pic 1 or 2, you stand a good chance of picking up some railroad track marks on your support hand thumb.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Number three. Especially with the J-frame snubby. I also get a little higher up on the recoil shoulder.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like the thumb over the top. The cylinder release beats up my left thumb if held like in pic 3. I understand where T2C is coming from regarding consistency in grip. I shoot my J frame as much as my M&Ps and 1911...so I'd like to think that I've developed unique muscle memory for each. I'd take T2C's approach if I never/rarely practiced with the J frame.

Feedback Score
    I've played around with both and personally found the 'thumb over the top' grip substantially reduces recoil allowing me to run the gun much faster. I do train mainly with pistols, I only own one revolver, so when under stress at worst I grip it the traditional way.

Feedback Score
    When I carry my Taurus B85 I would use grip 2 so in case I need to cock the hammer with my thumb its ready.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm the same as T2C.

I use the last pictured grip for my revolvers and auto's. I could never shoot "thumbs forward" for auto's very well and it feels very uncomfortable to me. I use the locked thumb like the last picture and it works on both platforms equally well.

Feedback Score
    Support hand thumb crossed over strong hand thumb.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    #3 for me! Seems more stable.

Feedback Score
    Number 3 for me, except I don't cross my thumbs. I like a high grip on a snubby for thr control. I don't suppose there's anything wrong with crossing the thumbs, I just personally like keeping my shooting form relatively consistent with my semiautos.