Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unity Tactical Monkey Bar..

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsop View Post
    I was about to ask if they make a right side mount version but I guess with the design of it wouldn't allow for that.
    Yeah Jsop. Only left side mount for now because of the clamping bar location.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Any reason you couldn't just flip the site around and have the mount go toward the rear. Then the light head would sit up flush with the site while the light is mounted forward?? That's how I would give it a go on an SBR. All of my rails are as long as I can get em on 14.5 and less guns. So I wouldn't have a use for the way its designed now. Flip it around and count me in.. As long as the head and whatever clear the front sight mounted that way..?
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Any reason you couldn't just flip the site around and have the mount go toward the rear. Then the light head would sit up flush with the site while the light is mounted forward?? That's how I would give it a go on an SBR. All of my rails are as long as I can get em on 14.5 and less guns. So I wouldn't have a use for the way its designed now. Flip it around and count me in.. As long as the head and whatever clear the front sight mounted that way..?
    It will work fine like that, it puts the light in a good position to keep the bezel aft of the muzzle.
    IAW site rules, I work for Magpul Industries

This is a personal account and the opinions expressed may not reflect those of Magpul Industries

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Jwk,

Give me until tomorrow afternoon and I'll flip mine around and take a picture for you.

-Jax

-Ryan Job

"Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post
    It will work fine like that, it puts the light in a good position to keep the bezel aft of the muzzle.
    Good to know. Thanks. Looks like I might give one a go. Do you need a ball allen to get to the screw? Or does it have enough clearance to just take the head off, screw the sight on, and then put head back on?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Jwk,

Give me until tomorrow afternoon and I'll flip mine around and take a picture for you.

-Jax

Perfect. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Good to know. Thanks. Looks like I might give one a go. Do you need a ball allen to get to the screw? Or does it have enough clearance to just take the head off, screw the sight on, and then put head back on?
    head off on mine, mine is flipped cause I'm sinister too
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Perfect. Thanks!
    Jwk,

A little late posting but here are some pics of the Monkey Bar and the MBUS Pro flipped around for a right side orientation. It works just fine. You'll notice from one of the pictures that the M300B head clears but barely so no biggie. The pics are subpar (took them too late in the day) but hope you get the jest. If you're running a 10" or shorter handguard you will probably be a bit cramped but on a 12" or longer it'll work great I bet. When I get a chance I'll try this out on my 13.5" NSR. Hope this helps.
    IMG_20150526_200530929 by , on Flickr

IMG_20150526_200356212 by , on Flickr

IMG_20150526_200404628 by s, on Flickr

-Jax

-Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Jwk,

A little late posting but here are some pics of the Monkey Bar and the MBUS Pro flipped around for a right side orientation. It works just fine. You'll notice from one of the pictures that the M300B head clears but barely so no biggie. The pics are subpar (took them too late in the day) but hope you get the jest. If you're running a 10" or shorter handguard you will probably be a bit cramped but on a 12" or longer it'll work great I bet. When I get a chance I'll try this out on my 13.5" NSR

-Jax
    Thanks! Looks like it works well. I might have to give one a go.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very interesting .

This makes me wonder if a slightly stouter version could
    be made for the Troy front folding BUIS that are so common .

Except with a ring for any standard 1 inch light .
    Last edited by Cobrasks; 05-27-15 at 10:30.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast