Thread: RIS II Daniel Defense vs Knights URX

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

RIS II Daniel Defense vs Knights URX

I am putting together an upper for an SBR with a Noveske N4 light 14.5" barrel and have come to a point on rail systems where I am confused. I had originally planned to send the upper to Marvin Pitts and have the rifle lenght URX/Knight folding front sight gas block installed/barrel cut down to 12.5"...but I got to rethinking what I want. I will probably stick with the 14.5" lenght and I am going to be running a Short Dot on this upper as well as a DBAL. The front sight in the scope really is not an issue to me, and for what a DBAL cost, I figured the extra insurance of having the DBAL between the Short Dot & a stock front sight would be nice should the rifle ever be dropped top down. Ok, next and am wanting to run a Scout light at the 12 0'clock position with a Larue LT-172 on the rail if possible. So I backed up and punted with my rail idea, and I am now looking at the Daniel Defense M4A1 RIS II FSP. From the looks of this rail, there should be enough room to mount everything like I want, my only concern is the beams of the laser hitting the light.

So onto the rails, the Knights can be cut down similar to what the DD M4A1 RIS II FSP is, so there is no real advantage in basic rail form. The DD appears to be lighter by what is listed on the websites.

Obviously the Knights rail is not end user friendly should I ever need to remove the rail, unless I buy the tools. $$$

Which of the two rails is thinner?

Does the Knights URX have any anti-rotation features like the DD M4A1 RIS?

Any other differences noted or opinions of these two particular rails, please explain.

Thanks,
    Hootie

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    OK, no luck yet. Was there a free float rail comparasion chart posted on here once before. I searched with no luck, but I am not the best at searching so.....Anyone?