Thread: Knife lanyards and why

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Knife lanyards and why

What kind of lanyard do you have on an edc knife and why if any?

I've got a piece of cord with a loop that can be cinched down on my wrist. Not the most tacticool, but serves a purpose. I do a lot of lift work 25' plus and have dropped my knife due to fumble fingers.

What do you guys use? Mod, if there's a thread pertaining to this, my apologies! Just wanting to get new ideas from the good people here

Maybe this can help some of you if you need something like this

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I've got one on a Sebenza - makes it easier to fish the knife out of my pocket.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I keep a loop of gutted paracord on my Victorinox Compact; I keep my Streamlight Microstream clipped to it to keep it from slipping out of my pocket while seated.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    No photos to post, but I use a loop of gutted 550 as a lanyard/wrist loop on my fixed blades to keep them from getting away from me when working over water or anywhere else where retrieving it would be difficult to impossible after a case of dropsies. I also use a small loop of gutted 550 similar to Frailer to keep a Leatherman Squirt and Photo micro light together and easier to get out of my pocket.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -- Will Rogers