Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tired of the flash/ a less visible pack

Feedback Score

tired of the flash/ a less visible pack

I use my rush 24hr pack daily ( 5 years ? ) and i like it for the most part. one thing that i thought was cool at first was all the molle webbing they hung off of it, now i strongly dislike it. If you need it you need it, but i have only used it to transport an 18" screwdriver riding a motorcycle... what i don't like is how many people notice and comment. Ive got nothing against wearing camo or having a tough looking pack, I'm just tired of the flash. i like everything else about it.

small mesh inside pockets for organization
    document pouch (keeps them wrinkle free)
    hydration bladder friendly
    eye pro pocket
    large interior
    outside brest pockets
    outside larger pocket (big enough for large glocktupperware)
    kydex like back plate (for heavy loads)

My question is, does anyone manufacture a pack that is more discrete and has may of the same features?
    Im just starting my search and thought i would ask. thank you!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not sure if this is what you're looking for, Haley Strategic just came out with collapsable flat pack http://www.haleystrategic.com/flatpack/
    I've been eyein the hell out of this..
    ETA VID: http://youtu.be/5ZZE7Nyo_io.
    Last edited by lunchbox; 05-22-15 at 12:51.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The most compatible antithesis to the RUSH 18 would be the COVRT18 in my opinion. I've had both, and they're laid out pretty similarly, with the COVRT18 blending in better.

What I've had good luck with, while trying to keep my bags "grey" but still durable, is using a skateboard/snowboard backpack from a decent manufacturer. I've used a (literally grey) Dakine skateboard pack for a couple of years, even going UC with it containing a broken down AR, chest rig, bino's, IFAK and chow for a day-long stakeout in a skeezy motel.
    Last edited by Boy Scout; 05-23-15 at 19:37.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I prefer black packs for not standing out. Camo always will.
    I personally carry a Kifaru Xray daily and never hear much about it from people who see it.

For a quality pack with similar features look up the Vertx Gammut packs. Very nice set up and solid construction.

Feedback Score
    great! ill check these all out.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    While they all have a small amount of webbing, Goruck packs are pretty low profile. Loop a real carabiner in it and most people just think you're a climber. Only one person ever outed my Goruck for what it is. Construction is on par with my Mystery Ranch.

The other option that is completely gray is timbuk2. These are completely "civilian" and decently constructed. Price is also reasonable. My wife loves hers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Man I carry a Jansport that I got in the 10th grade. Super inconspicuous. Does not have hydration provision or chest yoke. The fabric is rip stop and is coated with the same stuff inside that the SDS molle ii uses so it doesn't soak thru. Still has plenty of room and is comfortable. Typically at work I have my xd in it (breaking the rules!) but I'm probably less likely to get searched versus my buddy with an is green camelbak mother lode

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I use to EDC a Grey Ghost Gear Stealth Operator Pack. The one I have was an old run that came in gray and emerald green with no MOLLE webbing on the outside.

They offer them in Ripstop fabric in Grey.

http://www.greyghostgear.com/product-p/6009.htm
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 06-01-15 at 01:12.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I use to EDC a Grey Ghost Gear Stealth Operator Pack. The one I have was an old run that came in gray and emerald green with no MOLLE webbing on the outside.

They offer them in Ripstop fabric in Grey.

http://www.greyghostgear.com/product-p/6009.htm
    Mine has received hard use and been outstanding. It is a little small for documents and lacks some of the pocket features OP was looking for. Still, it will carry EDC bug out gear, kid stuff, gas masks and trauma gear, with ease. It is one of the few low-profile/stealth/discreet packs from a mil/LE/tactical maker that actually is so.

OP, for true blend and discretion, check out a backpacking store or website with premium brands. Arcteryx, Patagonia, Gregory, Osprey, Mountain Hardwear etc. They are also more likely to contain some of the internal pouch configurations and polish that you may be looking for.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast