Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Rifle: BCM 16" ELWF w/KMR 13" OR PSA 16" FN CHF pencil w/SSK 12"

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)

Question New Rifle: BCM 16" ELWF w/KMR 13" OR PSA 16" FN CHF pencil w/SSK 12"

Debating between the two. I already have a Spike's lower, so just looking at upper.

Cost is $200 more for the BCM. The BCM I think has the better quality control on their uppers, and the rail is lighter. PSA has an FN-manufactured CHF 16" pencil barrel, and the rail is slightly heavier by an ounce, but is made from 6061 T6 alum rather than the alum-mag alloy of the BCM, and I like the CHF barrel. I've fondled both, ergonomics on the BCM rail seem slightly better, but SSK isn't terrible; the finish on the BCM does seem pretty weak though.

My uses will be for home protection, plinking, the occasional coyote hunt, and as a general-purpose rifle for when (not if) the SHTF. I'll probably shoot close 1K rounds a year.

What are you guys' thoughts?

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ng-handle.html

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-1...elwf-kmr13.htm

Last edited by XD40Colorado; 05-22-15 at 13:47.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Bcm is the better upper, but you already know that. For your uses the pamletto will probably be fine, but I would look for one without the MI rail or sell it and buy a decent rail (which puts you in the bcm price range).

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Whats the issue with the SSK12 rail? Seems decent to me?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    BCM.../thread

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    There are many rails on the market with far superior mounting systems available. I honestly think the bcm is the best on the market and worth the price difference with the rail alone. AND you get a better product overall, but you don't NEED it for your uses.

The MI rail will probably work fine, but I am not a fan of the attachment method and will not run them. I prefer DD/Larue/Centurion quad rails, but if I were to run a keymod again it would be a BCM.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    What is the cost difference after you buy a CH and BCG for the PSA upper. Gunfighter CH & BCG for $70 makes the BCM upper look a lot better.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    I already have the GF CH Mod 4 and a NiB BCG - so no price dif there

Feedback Score
    For only $70 more I'd pick up the BCM BCG and charging handle and either keeps them as spares or sell them.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Get the BCM, you won't regret it. The ELWF barrel and KMR are awesome.

Feedback Score
    Even if you have the BCG and CL i would still get the BCM along with the BCG, CL for the extra 70. It's hard to beat that value.

With that said i have CHF PSA upper in the infamous gov profile and it's light years ahead of what im capable of as a shooter in terms of accuracy.
    I dont mind the MI rail, but the KMR feels much better in the hand.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast