Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking About a PTR-91

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The oldies have all been updated as far as they can go in my opinion. They are still all good solid rifles, but are being surpassed. Far from lipstick on a pig though.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    JLD A6XXX rifle here - been veddy, veddy, good to me. Ran some Silver Bear (cheapest I'd go, as I got a case in a deal years ago) through it, as well as S. African, Port, and some old Hirtenberger - ate it all and came back for more!

Run a Leupold Mk.IV CQ/T on a MFI Lo-mount on mine.

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    I'm looking at a PTR-91 (evidently one of the current production ones). It's marketed as having a bull barrel. Does this substantially affect the balance of the weapon?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I'm looking at a PTR-91 (evidently one of the current production ones). It's marketed as having a bull barrel. Does this substantially affect the balance of the weapon?
    Compared to the HK profile barrels, it does. I notice a definite balance shift with the non-GI PTRs compared to my GI. Would this cause a problem if that was your only PTR, probably not, but it certainly is noticeable.

Feedback Score
    As the previous post mentioned, you may notice it if you have another HK style weapon to compare it to. I only have one and it has a bull barrel. Hasn't bothered me at all. Very handy and comfortable to shoot.

Feedback Score
    The GI model (with green surplus HK furniture) has generally positive reviews on Bud's. One common remark was that the bore was corroded on some examples, and one fellow said that the green plastic handguard (or stock?) on his PTR-91 melted somewhat when bore cleaner spilled on it. That's curious.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Well I put money down on the pdw model this afternoon. Everything checked out good. I would have no problem getting a full size. One thing that seems to eat the purists is the redesigned cocking tube.

Feedback Score
    Just put a PTR-91 GI (green furniture) on layaway with Bud's. Guess I'll see if it's all it's cracked up to be

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just put a PTR-91 GI (green furniture) on layaway with Bud's. Guess I'll see if it's all it's cracked up to be
    Keep us posted. I have enough mags for the damn thing I fear that they might spawn a rifle.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a PTR91K that hasn't failed me. It ate everything I could find to feed it, including some really old and nasty Indian surplus.

Its a heavy pig, with a heavier than mil spec barrel. I get 2moa out of it kind of rested with Irons, or a crappy 4x.

I wouldn't hesitate if a roller lock .308 is something you want.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast