Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone switched from RevM/GenM2 Pmags to Gen M3?

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)

Has anyone switched from RevM/GenM2 Pmags to Gen M3?

It's been a couple years since the Gen M3 mags came out, been a pretty quiet topic.

Has anyone switched from the RevM/GenM2 mags to Gen M3?

Anyone prefer the Gen M2 over the Gen M3? Any real advantages to the M3 over the RevM?

Discuss....
    Last edited by samuse; 05-23-15 at 21:56.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Nope. I purchased about a hundred or so when I was overseas and stashed many of them away. I slowly augmented with other magazine and purchased newer ones, but I am not throwing them out or selling them off. Once they fail I will replace them with something else.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Going to echo IG, I have both, use both, and others. I have Gen 1, 2, and 3 pmags, though mostly use 2nd and 3rd gen, because I have only a couple of the gen 1s. Also have a bunch of USGI mags, and want to pick up some more Lancer mags. If I am buying pmags currently, I generally like the 3rd gen ones, I will admit, though that is mostly a preference in feel, but if 2nd gen are cheaper I won't hesitate to buy them.

Reminds me that there are sales this weekend and I need more mags.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I haven't switched per se. Have some gen 1,2,3 all work fine. I tend to buy some extra of what ever is cheapest and I feel is the best deal at the time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    It's been a couple years since the Gen M3 mags came out, been a pretty quiet topic.

Has anyone switched from the RevM/GenM2 mags to Gen M3?

Anyone prefer the Gen M2 over the Gen M3? Any real advantages to the M3 over the RevM?

Discuss....
    I have both. No issues.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I use both the gen 2 and gen 3 pmags in 30 rd. I did switch to all gen 3's in the 20 rounders because I was having feeding problems with the gen 2 in the 20 rd mags, thus causing jams. I only use the 20 rounders for shooting prone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    All my current 30 rounders are Gen 2 using the non-windowed and windowed versions. Since, I have had no problems with Gen 2 I do not feel it necessary to spend more for Gen 3. I use the 20 round Gen 3, which is the only version left in production anyway due to the FTF problems already stated.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'm all gen 3 now. Got a local place that sells them for $11 each for gen3 30 rounders. Can't beat it.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As others have alluded to, I see no reason to get rid of quality magazines (Gen I or II), and I have better things to do with my time and money than to make an active effort to sell / trade older mags just to replace them with M3s. My Gen Is have moved to the range / training bag to get used and abused, along with some Gen IIs. Next time I go to war, I'll probably carry M3s, but I would be totally confident using Gen IIs, and they will remain an active part of my HD stash. I buy whatever happens to be a good deal at the time (Gen II or III), although I'm mostly buying M3s now. Many of those will be stored for later use when the early gen mags wear out.

Dave
    Last edited by 3ACR_Scout; 05-24-15 at 09:26.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like having colored furniture and painted weapons .

I'm to lazy to break out the rattle can every time I
    open a new mag . I understand why they wanted
    to get away from colored mags in their gen 3s
    but Gen 2s worked fine for me .
    I bought some Gen 3s just to try but most will probably
    never leave the bag .
    "Sand" gen 3s interest me but I'm already stocked
    and have to much else on my list as is .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast