Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone switched from RevM/GenM2 Pmags to Gen M3?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    The gen 3's don't work in all receivers. That's my only hang up and why I prefer gen 2's. Of course the mags can be modified to fit but, I'll continue to rock the gen 2 (MOE).

Feedback Score
    Personally speaking I like 'em both Gen II and Gen III's but really like the Gen 3-40's the best just because they hold more ammo. Uh-Duh! I bet they sell more Gen II's than Gen III's! Anyway, you know I really don't think wanting to 'replace' or "get rid of" some of or all of your current mags is a "waste of time or money" unless your just throwing them into the trash can at the range after your done shooting for the day..

So say the new Gen? mags work or even look better to me that comes along that I want but don't actually have the fund$ for I'll 'trade up' or sell some older P-mags to help fund my new crave. To get more money I'll leave all my back up P-Mags in the factory wrappers, we're talking about having more P-Mags still in the factory wrappers than not wrapped.. Hell, I'm not to proud to say that it's probably for the 'poorer people' (me) who have to do it like that from time to time just to get what they want or need.. I know I've done it many, many times trading and or selling off firearms and related because of my "incurable addiction to high dollar weaponry"*. I know that I can't always just go buy a whole crap load of new P-Mags or every time a new generation of something 'AR' comes out.

*The Doctors over at the Mayo Clinic said there is no know cure for "Weapons (want) Disease"!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I recently bought a gen3 to try in my rifles to see if id have any fit issues. Id read that they seat easier on a closed bolt when loaded and in my rifles it certainly does. Much easier in my case at least. I have no plans to offload my gen1s & 2s but I think I will be buying gen3s from here on out. My only gripe which is minor for most i suppose is that the gen3 caps dont snap on to the bottom like the gen2s did. I thought that was slick and pretty handy.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I have some GenI PMAGS and a respectable amount of GenII mags. So long as they are still functional, I have no intention of dumping them. But I also have a few GenIII mags. I like them enough over the older versions that any future purchases are GenIII mags.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Between Gen 1 or 2 and Gen 3, I'd go with Gen 3 hands down for the over insertion tab on the back of the mag. After the last class I went to my Gen 1&2's became range mags, and at this point I'm going to be running USGI mags with MP followers for duty use. Gen 3's would be my choice if running Magpul mags.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I bought a few gen 3 30 rounders to try out, but personally I don't like them as much as the gen 2/MOE 30 rounders. At this point I'm well stocked with gen 2, so I'll stay with those mostly for price & consistency.
    Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I got rid of most of mine - PMAGS don't fit in all my weapons and I need everything cross compatible. Went back to USGI and got some new Lancers which look cool and do fit.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Can you expand on this? I am most curious because I have several types of lowers as well and PMAG's work in every one.

Quote Originally Posted by yingpow View Post
    I got rid of most of mine - PMAGS don't fit in all my weapons and I need everything cross compatible. Went back to USGI and got some new Lancers which look cool and do fit.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I might have one or two Gen-1 kicking around but for the most part I have a bunch of Gen-2 30 rounders with the window and a bunch of Gen-3 40 rounders. They all work fine. (Touch wood. )
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Can you expand on this? I am most curious because I have several types of lowers as well and PMAG's work in every one.
    perhaps he is referring to the compatibility issues of earlier gen PMAGS not playing well in the SCAR 16s & MR556 lowers?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast