Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neighborhood Quiet

Feedback Score
    Sounds like you have the correct mentality and approach. I trust it will work out.

Feedback Score
    I think with a good can the gun noise is a non issue subsonic. Like was said earlier the issue is going to be the noise of the bullet hitting target. Wood backstops are LOUD. Sand/dirt is better. I am sure with some thinking you could come up with something even better.
    You can never make anyting idiot-proof, whenever you get close they just build a better idiot.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    A bolt action rifle shooting these: http://www.cci-ammunition.com/produc...e=3&loadNo=960 will be BB gun quiet.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    I know here in ky the only rule is no shooting in city limits, have to be 50' from a public road, 50' from someone else's house (I shoot my 22 out the window at steel when the weather sucks), and in pretty sure if it's an actual neighborhood in the country you can. Other than that we just have to follow the general shooting safety rules and know where that bullet is gonna go if for some reason it goes over the berm. I live 4 miles from town, no neighbors on my side for 1/4-1/2 mile, and a huge hilly field behind my target (which is my backstop), and woods and other fields separating my range and other houses that are a mile or more away. Safer than the local range honestly

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by acjones20 View Post
    I'm building a house on 4 acres in a small residential neighborhood in the county. I'd love to be able to shoot some in the back yard, but I don't want to make the neighbors too angry. Is there a combo that would let me shoot and not have the noise be much louder than an air rifle? I'm looking at a Glock 17/Osprey combo, a 300 blackout subsonic/some silencerco suppressor combo, and a 22lr/silencerco sparrow combo...any real world thoughts on running these dry in a neighborhood? My backstop is ~50 yards away and is water. I'd secure it with a berm also, so I'm not worried about safety (the back of the property slopes down aggressively into the water, no rounds would hit more than 25 feet into the water if at all). Thanks for the opinions. There are no other laws/covenants preventing firearm discharge.
    So you would purposely be putting lead into a water source? and Saying water is a back stop is just silly....
    and IMO 4 acres is nowhere near enough.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    So you would purposely be putting lead into a water source? and Saying water is a back stop is just silly....
    and IMO 4 acres is nowhere near enough.
    Aren't you the guy that needs motivation to go workout?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have an 8.2" barreled 300 BLK, and with subsonic ammo pretty much all I hear is the bolt carrier slap. It isn't loud.
    Last edited by darr3239; 06-08-15 at 15:56.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12