Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig emperor scorpion 1911 issues

Feedback Score

Sig emperor scorpion 1911 issues

Got a Sig emporer scorpion 2 weeks ago. The slide was tight but smooth like it was on bearings. First time at the range I shot 50 rounds with lots of ftf. Took it home cleaned and lubed it then went back to the range. Same thing lots of ftf. Then after shooting the last round of a magazine the slide locked up half way. Took it home and got it apart, cleaned it and tried to see if the slide would go on the frame but it was not smooth at all and binded up about half way back. Anyone else had issues with their sig 1911? Customer service rep told me to send it in and gave me a rma number, it's been there for a week but haven't heard anything from them.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I had the slide on a pretty tight Dan Wesson stainless steel 1911 completely lock up on me after the first 7 rounds. It turned out to have galled. It went back and they loosened the fit a little and also recommended that I use a slightly heavier lube. I had been using CLP, which is pretty light. I've heard tight fitting stainless is more prone to galling than regular carbon steel, which I would presume your gun is, but maybe that was the issue. I would call and check in though since its been a week. By the way, when I read the name I was expecting one of Sig's more outlandish looking pistols, but I looked it up and that's actually pretty sharp. Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Feedback Score
    Yea just kinda sucks first pistol I've ever had a problem with. And my only sig. I was talking someone yesterday that had a brand new Wilson combat do the same thing on the 3rd round he shot.
    Last edited by ss12; 05-27-15 at 21:08.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    You using grease on the rails or oil?

Feedback Score
    slip 2000 ewl

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I would try to run some grease on the rails. I know it is a little dirtier but I like running it on my p226 or 1911. I have used tw25 and now I am using shooters choice. The slide is smoother over a longer period of time for me. Rails stay slick for awhile too. Ymmv

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would try the Slip 2000 ewl 30 weight lube.....

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I never had an issue like that, but they did send my TacOps with the wrong size barrel link. Extractor geometry is also suspect. I had brass going in every direction. I eventually grew tired of it and sold it.

It sound like the slide potentially galled. Slip 2000 is a fine lube; probably a tolerance/metallurgical issue with the slide and frame. I'm not sure why everyone thinks they need a frogs butt tight slide to frame fit on their guns.
    Last edited by RCI1911; 05-29-15 at 09:02.
    "The only defense against violent evil people are good people who are more skilled at violence" - Rory Miller

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RCI1911 View Post
    I never had an issue like that, but they did send my TacOps with the wrong size barrel link. Extractor geometry is also suspect. I had brass going in every direction. I eventually grew tired of it and sold it.

It sound like the slide potentially galled. Slip 2000 is a fine lube; probably a tolerance/metallurgical issue with the slide and frame. I'm not sure why everyone thinks they need a frogs butt tight slide to frame fit on their guns.
    Or just stick with carbon frames and slides, but I digress.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Is the Sig in question not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast