Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Suppressor Shoot

Feedback Score

Florida Suppressor Shoot

Florida Suppressor Shoot - 14 November 2015 -

We're setting up a Suppressor Shoot Day in November at Okeechobee Shooting Sports gun range.
    If you have a rifle or pistol suppressor and think that you might have some interest in attending our first ever Suppressor Shoot please send me a PM via this site or post your interest.
    Based on feedback from the Facebook posting and the Florida Concealed Carry forum we have decided that November 14th would be the best date for all concerned parties.
    We will be there from when they open at 10am till approximately 1pm or later if there is a demand for it.
    All we ask is that if you own a suppressor and are willing to let others shoot it that you would bring it with you so that we can have a larger selection of suppressors for others to try.
    No ammo will be provided except on a voluntary basis, for those that wish to try someone else's suppressor it is highly recommended that you bring some of your own ammo in calibers that you wish to try.
    Spectators, family, friends and guests are welcome to come out and observe.
    Hopefully this will help to familiarize those that maybe thinking of getting a suppressor but are not sure of which type or how to go about it.

The hope is to demonstrate the difference between 5.56 and subsonic 300 Blackout on the AR platform along with several different types of firearms
    from rifles to handguns and any other firearms that can be suppressed.

Unlike the suppressor demos from the different vendors that may popup from time to time at some local ranges, we are not trying to sell anyone on any particular brand.

Suggestions or ideas are welcomed and may even be incorporated into the final production.

Last edited by ex95B10; 08-24-15 at 06:08. Reason: Date change and added venue location.
    RANGE TIME on Facebook
    RANGE TIME on Instagram
    RANGE TIME on Twitter
    NRA Life Member/RSO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ex95B10 View Post
    All we ask is that in order to participate you must have your own suppressor of any caliber whether it is for a rifle or pistol.

Spectators, family, friends and guests are welcome to come out and observe.

Suggestions or ideas are welcomed and may even be incorporated into the final production.
    Just a suggestion from somebody with a fair share of cans, but not close enough to come...

I can't imagine having a suppressor shoot without letting non-owners shoot...which is what it sounds like you're doing.

We just had an MG shoot, and just picked a flat rate for a mag. We adjust the number of rounds based on the caliber, so that nobody lost money...but we weren't trying to make money, just give people the experience.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    I can't imagine having a suppressor shoot without letting non-owners shoot...which is what it sounds like you're doing.
    At the moment it is just a feeler to see if there's even an interest in putting this together.
    One of our current obstacles is finding a range that will allow us to have such an event which is completely dependent on how many will attend.
    The only reason I have not made it open to non-suppressor-owners is because most ranges require you to have a private RSO for larger groups.
    We are trying to keep it casual and at little or no cost to any one person, the burden of cost is to rest on the individual shooter.
    We are not in the business of selling suppressors or firearms which is the main reason for wanting to keep it as informal and non-commercial as possible.
    The primary purpose is to exchange ideas and knowledge amongst current owners that would like to become familiarized with some of the other brands.
    Family and friends are welcome to join but the primary suppressor-shooter would be responsible for their safety and equipment.
    RANGE TIME on Facebook
    RANGE TIME on Instagram
    RANGE TIME on Twitter
    NRA Life Member/RSO

Feedback Score
    Where are you talking north east?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybirdritenour2 View Post
    Where are you talking north east?
    The suppressor shoot is posted on a couple of different firearm forums and the location will be somewhere on the east coast of Florida, the exact location will be determined by the participants.
    At the moment the location is leaning towards OSS in Okeechobee, Florida (at the present time it has yet to be determined which range will be ok with such a meet).
    RANGE TIME on Facebook
    RANGE TIME on Instagram
    RANGE TIME on Twitter
    NRA Life Member/RSO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ex95B10 View Post
    The suppressor shoot is posted on a couple of different firearm forums and the location will be somewhere on the east coast of Florida, the exact location will be determined by the participants.
    At the moment the location is leaning towards OSS in Okeechobee, Florida (at the present time it has yet to be determined which range will be ok with such a meet).
    Well definitely let me know if its Okeechobee Shooting sports. I'm there every couple weekends. I own multiple suppressors and SBR's and it sounds fun.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybirdritenour2 View Post
    Well definitely let me know if its Okeechobee Shooting sports. I'm there every couple weekends. I own multiple suppressors and SBR's and it sounds fun.
    Same here, except I've never been there before. I own suppressors and SBRs.
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm in if it's in Okeechobee area. Just moved from NJ to FL and discovering the wonderful world of NFA!!!

Feedback Score
    I just got off the phone with a young lady from Okeechobee Shooting Sports and it looks like that is the range that we will be using.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 plus and posted via Tapatalk.
    RANGE TIME on Facebook
    RANGE TIME on Instagram
    RANGE TIME on Twitter
    NRA Life Member/RSO

Feedback Score
    Good they are a great range. Any idea when?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast