Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: bought twice, finally smiling.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    If all else fails, I can appreciate a spare beater that I don't have to keep clean. Run a similar set of sights on the bushmaster. After you have fired the Colt enough to trust it, clean it and keep it ready for whatever. Throw a can of clp aerosol in your bag and shoot the hell out of the Bushy, lube when needed. Range days can be quite enjoyable when you can come home and put your feet up instead of detailing a rifle.

Feedback Score
    Anyone have an opinion on the dents on the buffer?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I am not saying you "glorified" anything. What I am saying is that you relayed your "experience of one" is just that. I have dealt with hundreds of BM's and had 500 of them under my care in Iraq and all of them were as bad.

This happened to my T/L during a firefight back in early 2007. Bushmaster 11.5" carbine-

It's common knowledge that BM bolts are batch tested.

Quote Originally Posted by BeltFed_1 View Post
    I guess you missed the point of mine. I replied to this thread simply to post my experiences with Bushmaster, NOT to glorify Bushmaster or counter anyone's opinions or analyzed observations. Take my experiences for what they are worth.

Regarding the bolt snapping, round count is not the only variable. Take into account the quality of ammunition used, round count intervals between cleanings, reloads, and the pure disregard for the rifle and safety when shooting overpressured rounds (other's reloads or rounds that have projectiles shoved back deep into the casing). This rifle was the "I dont give a f&%$" rifle and ate everything I shoved into it, even if it meant beating the forward assist over and over and over to force a crooked round in the chamber. Also, I am not sure Bushmaster's original bolt was MPI or tested at all, I really don't know. So to me, based on my experience, I think it did ok considering the abuse. I know some bolts can last upwards of 20k.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cd228 View Post
    Anyone have an opinion on the dents on the buffer?
    I looked real close as I closed the receivers, and the buffer doesn't touch the bcg at all. It will probably end up shearing the detent off. I'm tempted to remove the detent all together and run it like that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodlord77 View Post
    I looked real close as I closed the receivers, and the buffer doesn't touch the bcg at all. It will probably end up shearing the detent off. I'm tempted to remove the detent all together and run it like that.
    I wouldn't go removing anything until some one with some more experience weighs in. I haven't seen a buffer dented like that before and I am curious.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I am not saying you "glorified" anything. What I am saying is that you relayed your "experience of one" is just that. I have dealt with hundreds of BM's and had 500 of them under my care in Iraq and all of them were as bad.

This happened to my T/L during a firefight back in early 2007. Bushmaster 11.5" carbine-

It's common knowledge that BM bolts are batch tested.
    Oh, so I should not relay my single experience of my BM on a BM thread? Anyone that does not share your 500 experiences or your opinion should not post on this thread?

Noted, thanks! Sorry for having posted my experience.
    Last edited by BeltFed_1; 07-05-15 at 22:45.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Oh, so I should not relay my single experience of my BM on a BM thread? Anyone that does not share your 500 experiences or your opinion should not post on this thread?

Noted, thanks! Sorry for having posted my experience.
    Bro you might want to read up on the purpose of this forum. It's supposed to be one about technical info for professionals. Therefor when a well respected expert in the field starts to talk about what makes a BM a bad rifle, especially one that has such extensive experience with said rifles, you should probably listen. You'll have a better time here and will less likely get banned.

No one said your BM doesn't run. We've said that quality control and components of the BM line are sub par. ****, even the OPs gun shit the bed early on.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Bro you might want to read up on the purpose of this forum. It's supposed to be one about technical info for professionals. Therefor when a well respected expert in the field starts to talk about what makes a BM a bad rifle, especially one that has such extensive experience with said rifles, you should probably listen. You'll have a better time here and will less likely get banned.

No one said your BM doesn't run. We've said that quality control and components of the BM line are sub par. ****, even the OPs gun shit the bed early on.
    I never once countered any individual comment/opinion/expert technical information on my original post. I simply shared my single personal independent experience that I have had with my BM rifle, on a thread about BM rifles, on the AR General Discussion forum, where the OP talks about his personal experiences with a BM rifle. I posted in the hopes that maybe my "non-technical" personal experience could be of use to someone or relate to anyone. If it isn't, then no harm no foul. But then I get jumped on for sharing, as if my opinion is mute and irrelevant since I only have a single individual experience with one. Sorry for trying to provide a different perspective from a different user. I just recently became a member, to share and look for information, but by the looks of it, I wont be posting or sharing very much in these forums if this is the norm around here, to turn off newcomers that want to talk or share about their ARs. My bad, I'll take the high ground and move on. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by BeltFed_1; 07-06-15 at 04:32.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I never once countered any individual comment/opinion/expert technical information on my original post. I simply shared my single personal independent experience that I have had with my BM rifle, on a thread about BM rifles, on the AR General Discussion forum, where the OP talks about his personal experiences with a BM rifle. I posted in the hopes that maybe my "non-technical" personal experience could be of use to someone or relate to anyone. If it isn't, then no harm no foul. But then I get jumped on for sharing, as if my opinion is mute and irrelevant since I only have a single individual experience with one. Sorry for trying to provide a different perspective from a different user. I just recently became a member, to share and look for information, but by the looks of it, I wont be posting or sharing very much in these forums if this is the norm around here, to turn off newcomers that want to talk or share about their ARs. My bad, I'll take the high ground and move on. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Beltfed,

I'm glad to see you shared your experiences. Once you understand the nature of M4C you'll realize why you seem "turned off". It is nothing personal and the fact that you can form coherent sentences is something of a feat for newcomers, and I hope you stick around.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Ok. I hate to bump this old thread, but since its about the same rifle, I figured I would rather than starting a new one. First of all, I ended up getting a new bcg from BM under warrenty, but have since replaced it with a BCM bcg and heavy buffer. It has operated good untill this past weekend. With a round count of about 3000 through my bushy, I was target shooting, and about 3 out of 5 bullets are hitting the paper completely sideways 'keyholing" the groups are about 10" at 25 yrds. I searched this issue and found ammo is usually the culprit, but I'm having the same result with 62gr, 55gr, hornady 55gr .223, and winchester 77gr pdx1. I'm positive I haven't damaged the rifling by cleaning, as I only use a bore snake in the barrel. I checked end of the barrel for carbon build up at the flash hider. Is it possible the barrel is worn out at 3000 rds? My second question is should I take the whole thing apart and sell it for aluminum scrap, or should I keep the lower and just put a quality upper on it?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast