Thread: Model 1 Sales Opinions?

Feedback Score

Model 1 Sales Opinions?

I am looking into getting a Model 1 Sales Kit in 6.8mm.
    It says the upper half is fully assemblied. Just curious if there was any extra assembly besides the lower receiver. For the price I thought it would be more work than that.

I am also curious what the opinions are from people that own or have experience with them.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    No personal experience for me. However, I did see two Model 1 5.56 parts guns go down in a class last weekend, one with a broken bolt. As I understand, neither had been shot much either.

Feedback Score
    The general consensus is that Model 1 Sales weapons are poor quality.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Arrow

i had never even heard of a model 1 until i saw one go tits up in class last weekend.

thank you, no.

Feedback Score
    I put together one of their kits for a friend of mine.
    The LPK that came with it was all garfed up. The upper was okay but it didnt get me all warm & fuzzy, either.

Another friend of mine went with an M & A kit. Its LPK was missing the hammer but otherwise... The upper by the way, was an LMT--very nice! But man did the drama trying to get it sent from them stink on ice! They would say one day, then another day and then.... You get the idea.

I myself went with Del-Ton for my wife's carbine. Their CS is first rate and everything came neatly packed and shipped when they said it would. They even sent an extra LPK (in error) and when I called to tell them they just said to keep it.

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jess_su View Post
    I am looking into getting a Model 1 Sales Kit in 6.8mm.

Why? Did you lose a bet or something?

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post

C4
    Great, now I just spit Diet Coke all over my monitor.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I ordered a 10 ½ inch upper from them in February this year. I asked if they would guarantee it would run on my really old and beaten M-16. They did. It arrived overnight as I was heading out to a Randy Cain 2 day Full Auto class. It hasn’t missed a beat, not one failure or problem. Accuracy was great too. It is just under 3K rounds now.
    For the price it was a great purchase.

Feedback Score
    "...I was heading out to a Randy Cain 2 day Full Auto class..."

Im guessing you didnt tell Randy?!?! :-) I did a 5 day class of his and man does he have his opinions--that are pretty much spot on!!! lol Good training.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post

C4
    I'm not looking for anything to stake my life on, just a hunting rifle so that I can get practical experience with an Ar15 in the field. I already have precision and tactical rifles, and more or less would like to enjoy the ergonomics and the accessories of the ar15. There are few semi-auto rifles out there that are as light weight, accurate, and have the benefit of faster followup shots if needed. If its as reliable as some of my older m1 carbines or sks's then I should be happy, I come across enough spare parts that I can begin upgrading it slowly as I move along if needed.

Here are some of my higher quality rifles. The .22 converted one is one I built for my girlfriend.