Thread: new LW build, barrel opinions would be great

Feedback Score

new LW build, barrel opinions would be great

Hey all,

Had purchased a LWRC IC SPR, which I actually didn't love. It was nice eye candy, but I think i'm headed back to DI for the next round. My goal here is to have a lightweight DI 14.5. I was originally thinking of tinkering around with rifle length gas (yes, on the 14.5). But in the essence of saving time/hassle, i'll probably grab a middy bbl. Here is the plan, and I just need a little barrel input as I normally dont look past BCM.

Battle Arms lightweight billet upper/lower
    PWS EBT with a BAD minimlist stock
    Geissele SD-C
    BCG will either be a BCM phosphate, or CC/Toolcraft with the mystic black PVD coating
    Geissele mk4 rail, length undecided (kmr will be 2nd choice if weapon balance is off)
    Probably a surefire MB556, maybe a BCM mod1
    Colt LPK and BAD ambi/45 safety.
    BCM CH mod4

She'll be topped off with magpul pro buis and an aimpoint t1 2 moa, lower 1/3rd cowitness.

Here is where i'm stuck. Choosing the right middy bbl. As I see it, I have 4 real choices staring me in the face to be at my price point.

1. BCM Standard 14.5" Mid Length (ENHANCED MEDIUM WEIGHT - FLUTED)
    lists at 26 ounces. $269. I like BCM a lot, I have other barrels from them and I haven't been disappointed. However, I was really looking for a 1:8 twist

2. NorthTech Defense Fluted Ultra Precision .223 Wylde SS Barrel 14.5 - 1:8 Twist
    lists at 29.7 ounces, $395

3.Rainier Arms Match .223 Wylde Barrel - 14.5 - 1:8 twist
    lists at 31 ounces, $259

4. Rainier Arms Select 5.56MM Barrel - 14.5 Matte black Stainless - 1:8 twist
    lists at 29 ounces, $259

5. BAD of course is making their BBL's now, which is a 14.5 1:8 .223 wylde listing at....23 ounces. however I view it to be cost prohibitive at $470.

Any input on these BBL's will be much appreciated. I have not to date used a Rainier BBL. They seem to offer what I want at the best price. Based on the above stats, I am leaning most towards #4, the rainier arms select, as it meets the criteria I was most looking for.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Oscyjack; 06-02-15 at 09:12.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is in the wrong forum. If you do not know why, please read the sticky which outlines what content is required to start a thread in this section. Please report your thread to a mod so the proper action can be taken.

Thank you
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American