Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem with a new BCM lower

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Forgive me if I missed something in this thread but is this just an issue with the magazines when the bolt is closed?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by odugrad View Post
    Forgive me if I missed something in this thread but is this just an issue with the magazines when the bolt is closed?
    Did you even read the thread?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    So I picked up a BCM lower and have the same issue with Gen3s. My ADM lower does as well.
    It's not a matter of the insertion tab not letting the mag go deep enough though. I have about 1-2/32s of an inch of space so shaving the lower doesn't look like it would help.
    Mags go in no problem on an open bolt and without the upper. It FEELS like you really have to slam it in there compared to all other mags. It seats if I place it in then bang the bottom of it.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysop View Post
    So I picked up a BCM lower and have the same issue with Gen3s. My ADM lower does as well.
    It's not a matter of the insertion tab not letting the mag go deep enough though. I have about 1-2/32s of an inch of space so shaving the lower doesn't look like it would help.
    Mags go in no problem on an open bolt and without the upper. It FEELS like you really have to slam it in there compared to all other mags. It seats if I place it in then bang the bottom of it.
    Is the tab hitting the trigger guard?

I replaced my BCM lower with a Colt and all my issues went away.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    We have arrived at 2 possible conclusions in this thread:

1 - If your Gen3 PMAGs won't seat in properly in your BCM lower, you need another lower (Colt, LMT, KAC).

2 - If your BCM lower won't accept Gen 3 PMAGs, that is because Magpul Fu**ed up and didn't care enough to make sure it would seat correctly in a BCM lower.

Pick a side and welcome to another edition of The People's M4 Carbine Court.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    Is the tab hitting the trigger guard?

I replaced my BCM lower with a Colt and all my issues went away.
    I'm honestly not worked up about it. I'm not invested in Pmags. Just thought I'd try it out. But now I'm just curious why it doesn't work. The tab isn't hitting anything. It seems the feed lips are hitting the carrier. I say that because the bolt moves when I slap it in there.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by odugrad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Did you even read the thread?
    Forgive him, he did not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang4Buck View Post
    We have arrived at 2 possible conclusions in this thread:

1 - If your Gen3 PMAGs won't seat in properly in your BCM lower, you need another lower (Colt, LMT, KAC).

2 - If your BCM lower won't accept Gen 3 PMAGs, that is because Magpul Fu**ed up and didn't care enough to make sure it would seat correctly in a BCM lower.

Pick a side and welcome to another edition of The People's M4 Carbine Court.

This pretty much sums it up. All that remains is for one of the two manufacturers to chime in that they will make changes.

My money is on neither one doing it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    This pretty much sums it up. All that remains is for one of the two manufacturers to chime in that they will make changes.

My money is on neither one doing it.
    I bet you are correct, publicly. Many manufacturers claim to make continuous improvements, I would bet that this would be one of those that isn't advertised, but could/would be done in time.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Maybe I'm just missing the obvious but if the mag goes in no problem without the upper on or with an open bolt wouldn't that mean the lower fits the mag and something else is off?

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast