Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Problem with a new BCM lower

Feedback Score
    This thread is great, for me just as a reminder to test every piece of equipment before trusting your life to it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    This thread is great, for me just as a reminder to test every piece of equipment before trusting your life to it.
    Amen to that! I've never owned a BCM lower, got 2 uppers that I'm happy with. Going to do this test this on all my lowers next trip to the range.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    Man that's exactly how a crossed up 2nd and 1st round acts.

I'm out of ideas. All I know is that g.i. mags don't do that.

I use Pmags mostly, but everything has it's advantages a disadvantages...
    It sure is odd. I will say the lower works just fine with everything else but the M3s. Since this thread is the first I've heard of anything like this I'm leaning towards it being am odd design of the mag.

I tried them out at my LGS and they didn't work well with the DD on the wall or one of thier the S&Ws. I like that there's a lot of thought going into the design but Idk what about the few that I have that make them temperamental because it's not that tab that others have issue with.

Feedback Score
    Really, I sometimes wonder if manufacturers fail to see the forest for the trees. In this case, the OP is a LEO who has to be able to use issued equipment. If others can crank out lowers for $49, I have to ask out loud if BCM couldn't just take the "in spec" lower back and switch in one that will work for him. They already sent it back through an FFL - perfect opportunity. The $50 or so cost is so little in the grand scheme of things to get things right for a loyal customer. This isn't unique to the gun industry, and my dealings with BCM customer service were also great, but still...

Feedback Score
    M3 Pmags work just fine in my PWS Mk114 (closed bolt, 30rnd's).

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I contacted BCM and shipped the lower back to them. They eventually returned the lower, shipping it to my FFL instead of me. (Not a requirement as they are the manufacture and I already own the lower) This generated a second transferee fee.
    I missed this on the first read. Did BCM make you go through a dealer to receive it from them after they performed warranty work, or is that a local/state law you had to follow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just put my BCM upper on my BCM lower and tried a fully loaded 30rd M3 pmag and it seated fine. Same with 28rds and 26rds in the mag. As usual for a fully-loaded mag it took a little more "push" to get it to click, but nothing extreme.

Exact same results and feel in my Spikes on the same BCM upper. Guess I got lucky!

Feedback Score
    Can't BCM just issue a disclaimer on their website stating "May not work with M3 PMAGs" to avoid this issue?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    Can't BCM just issue a disclaimer on their website stating "May not work with M3 PMAGs" to avoid this issue?
    "may not work with industry leading magazine"

I'm sure that will sit well with their sales department. Can't wait to see that disclaimer.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang4Buck View Post
    "may not work with industry leading magazine"

I'm sure that will sit well with their sales department. Can't wait to see that disclaimer.
    This. It's not going to happen.

I'm a HUGE fan of BCM. I recommend their uppers, lowers, and compete guns to close friends, squadmates, and fellow LEOs and will continue to do so. But they've stated their position and they aren't changing it.

Just like Magpul decided to not cater to ANY midlength owner with a triangle front handguard cap with their new MOE SL handguard. That's life.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast