Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem with a new BCM lower

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have an LMT MRP, I would venture to say the lower is similar to the Defender, which has no problem with PMAGs. I have yet to have to work with LMTs customer service--and hopefully don't have to.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    There's a really easy solution here. File down the tab on your gen 3 pmags.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    See below

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I own a lot of PMAGs, both gen2 and gen3. I don't want to have to modify magazines. I don't want a particular AR that will only function with selective magazines. I don't want a duty weapon that can't be relied upon to use magazines that another officer may have.
    That's a bummer OP. I'm a fan of BCM but I don't blame you one bit for wanting to off load the lower. I'd do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    OP can you post a pic of the lower with the Gen 3 Pmag inserted for reference? Im interested to see the magwell length VS my BCM lowers.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Total bummer. I thought you were going to get a different answer from BCM.

FYI - LMT lowers are good to go and an excellent second option.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Not trying to start rumors or stir up anything, but could this possibly be how BCM as a whole has distanced themselves from magpul in general over the last several months? I think it might be a bit extreme for me to say they designed that intentionally, but currently the guys they sponsor have been seen using tango down mags almost exclusively. Maybe BCM is going to release their own magazines soon? I'm a huge BCM fan, and I built my first rifle around them, not trying to start gossip, just generally curious.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I certainly hope not. BCM has always been "the working man's brand". I would hate to see them go the way Daniel Defense has with their "designer" accessories coupled with higher prices.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Yeah, seriously. You get their best polymer formula and their strongest mold they have yet made.

Gen 3 pmags are worth a little elbow grease, IMHO. Tough as all hell.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    I certainly hope not. BCM has always been "the working man's brand". I would hate to see them go the way Daniel Defense has with their "designer" accessories coupled with higher prices.
    DD makes one hell of a rifle, and their designer accessories all have fantastic function although they may be ugly.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    No offense to DD, but they don't have an engineer of the likes of Eric Kincel and his team behind their designs.

I'm a huge fan of magpul and their products, but I've recently encountered several different lowers (Spikes, Rainier Arms, LRB, Anderson Mfg, LMT defender, and S&W) that did not reliably seat gen 3 pmags. Magpul has admitted that the gen3 pmag is out of spec on the large side. Caveat emptor.

Personally, I've abused the gen3 pmags so hard, it's not fair.... And they always hold up. I have no issues doing a little filing for a superb magazine such as the gen 3 pmag.
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 06-23-15 at 14:22.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast