Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahr Arms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Kahr Arms

Kahr seems to have owners with no issues, and some with lots of issues. I owned a CW9 and had no issues with it. However, the mags felt cheap and sometimes my magazine would pop out while I was carrying it. I think the mag release spring was really light. I've been thinking of buying another one since I need a single stack carry gun.

Kahr owners, have you had any issues with your Kahr?

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    My CM9 had two or three malfunctions in the first 50 rounds, but has been perfect since. Like Kahr says, they need a break in period.

Also, they're not a pistol that can be limp wristed.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by attrapereves View Post
    Kahr seems to have owners with no issues, and some with lots of issues. I owned a CW9 and had no issues with it. However, the mags felt cheap and sometimes my magazine would pop out while I was carrying it. I think the mag release spring was really light. I've been thinking of buying another one since I need a single stack carry gun.

Kahr owners, have you had any issues with your Kahr?
    Had three of them, and all were GTG. Great little guns. I liked the all metal versions. At the time they came out, they were pretty much the only reliable well made sub compact guns and they were expensive. I can't recall anything that really competed with them at the time. Now you have choices like the Shield which are less $$$ and well made and reliable, so Kahr seems less worth the costs to me. I know they have a budget line of guns now, but I have no experience with them. Just recently sold my Kahr k40.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I had a PM9 that was great. Never had a problem. Some were not so lucky though.
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter37 View Post
    I had a PM9 that was great. Never had a problem.
    A couple hundred rounds through mine and not one malfunction. This is more than I can say for my Glock 43........
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've had a CW9 for several years. The break in period really is necessary. The gun has a really good DAO trigger, points really well for me, and is very accurate. My wife didn't really like it when it was new but likes it now that it has over 1,000 rounds (it loosened up a bit). The only issue I had was that the gun would not drop a mag free. The mag would "stick" about 1/2 way out. I contacted Kahr and returned the gun with the 2 mags. They fixed it and I've had no more issues. The only thing I don't like about the Kahr is that the mags seem very flimsy and the top round in the mag tilts easily. The gun is very easy to conceal carry.
    All of that being said, I now have a Shield and will carry it after a couple of hundred more rounds.

Feedback Score
    I bought a CW9 for my daughter last year and she loves it. I haven't heard a single complaint.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My PM9 has been great. I had the mag do the same as you. I had it in a soft pocket holster and my phone in same pocket. Think the phone helped to release the mag.

My PM45 was a PITA at first. It would stovepipe almost every round, sometimes not pick up a round from the mag and was just horrible. Forget about ejecting a loaded round. The front of the bullet would not clear the chamber. Kahr sent me a new recoil spring and I couldn't even rack the slide. It was coil bonding bad. I called them back and they told me they are trim to fit. So I put the new one away and started trimming the original. Started clipping 1/8 coil at a time. With 3/8 of a coil clipped, it runs great now.

So if you have a Kahr with feeding issues, check for coil bind.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    P40 as regular CC since 2005'ish. Bought used and very inexpensive. Had some FTF issues after about 150-250 rounds. New recoil spring helped but not fixed. Sent to Kahr, came back with new slide & barrel no charge. Been solid ever since.

Very smooth DA, easiest to conceal I've found. I can run plates with it almost as fast as a commander.

Every now and then i think about trying a PPS or similar. Then I shoot my P40 and quickly cancel that idea.

My view:
    - gotta give them break in time
    - some will need a call or trip to Kahr. But come back solid
    - P9,P40,P45 do have some tangible differences over the cheaper models
    - P series is at extreme limits for size/compactness but still able to shoot well. I don't want any smaller, nor any larger. And especially not thicker.
    - if you grew up with DA's you'll do well with one. If not, YMMV
    - they probably won't last as long as a Glock 19, but it does not matter to me. It will do what I need it to do.
    - slide stop spring can get finicky with pocket grunge and carbon. Can cause slide locks, especially if limp wristing. But easy fix, and just something to check for if you shoot it often.

Feedback Score
    Good gun yet over priced IMO
    I had a pm9 it did have some barrel peening .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast