Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Kahr Arms

Feedback Score
    I have an MK9, K9 and P9 Covert. The MK has about 1000 rounds through it, the K9 around 600 and the P9 Covert around 3500 rounds. No issues with any of them.

Feedback Score
    I have a PM9 ( with aftermarket night sights), made and bought in 2009. The only issue that I had were around rounds number 75 or so, I tried some Wolf steel case, those resulted in a few FTF's (maybe 3-4 out of a box of 50?).
    Since then, I feed it Hornady, PMC, Speer and a few others with zero issues.
    Perfect single stack for hot weather, I use a kydex holster from Raven Concealment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rim; 07-03-15 at 14:26.
    Bad news never gets better with age.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jyo View Post
    Currently have three Kahrs---two CW9s and a P45---no break-in period needed, guns shot perfect from day one---there were magazine release related issues with the two CW9s when first received---Kahr said they had a bad batch of mag releases and sent new parts (release and spring)---guns run 100% since and shoot right tp point of aim. CW9s are pleasant to shoot---P45 is a little beast!
    I have only owned one Kahr, it was a CW9, and I still kick myself for trading that one off. Live and learn.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    I carried an Mk9 for 5 years. I had one or two malfunctions that I can remember over that time. I was not shooting a lot back then and only put a couple thousand through it over my carry time. I could bust clays at 25 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have had a Kahr P9 for several years, more than 7+. The Kahr manual does list a 200 rounds break in period but mine did not need any such thing. It has run like a sewing machine since day one with not one single problem. I have about 1500 rounds through it. It's my warm weather carry.

With the press coverage over single stack 9's in the past couple of years you would think the design is something new but it isn't. I guess it is big news when Smith & Wesson and Glock come out with their versions. Over the Memorial Day weekend I handled a G43 and bought a Shield. Discovered I had the (or one of the very best) premier single stack 9mms all along in the Kahr P9. Quality build and quality performing carry gun.

Feedback Score
    My agency's old rangemaster bought a stainless K9 when they first came out in the mid-90s. Due to his job position, he had access to all the 9mm ammo he wanted. At the time, our department used remanufactured ammo for range training and qualifications. The quality of that ammo was not the best, but his K9 chewed that ammo up and spit it out like a champ. He abused that K9 like he hated it. Never lubed it. Didn't do maintenance. Never replaced a spring that I can ever remember. The thing also weighed a metric ton for such a small pistol. I don't know how many thousands of 9mm rounds he put through that all-metal K9, but it just ran, and ran, and ran. As far as I know, he still has it. I think the gun's reliability was due to the fact that it was an older, all-metal gun from Kahr's "golden age" and the gun was just built tough as a tank back then.

His K9 made such an impression on me that I bought a PM9 around 2009 and it was flawless. Perfect EDC/BUG and handsome for a polymer gun, too. I loved that pistol and only sold it when money was needed for our household. I wish I had it back. The only complaint I ever had with mine was that the trigger reset was very weak, making follow up shots a bit more difficult. My experience with Kahr has been so good that when the assistant chief of my old agency asked me what slim BUG to issue officers, I suggested the PM9 (G26/G27 were out of the running due to width). The PM9s were purchased and by all accounts, have been huge successes.

I think there may be a correlation between Kahr reliability and caliber. The 9mm Kahrs seem like they work better and for longer than their .40 & .45 models.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Used to have a CW45 back in the day - it was literally an impulse purchase to show a work friend how easy and painless it is to buy a new gun from an FFL. As time went on, it got carried a lot, shot a bit (a tiny, lightweight .45 doesn't lend itself comfortably to range sessions over 300rds), and never failed. I remember it being on the more accurate side of pistols I've owned.

That said, I've moved back to exclusively 9mm, and have been entertaining the notion of picking up a CW9... until I heard about Kahr's new CT9. Anyone have any firsthand experience with the latter? How much larger than the CW series is it, etc.?
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I had a CW9 that's one of the few guns I've always regretted selling. Ran well, and was surprisingly accurate for how small it was.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    I'm on my fourth.
    None of mine had any issues, I just kept looking for something better.
    Current one is a CM9.
    It carries well in a cargo pocket or on the belt.
    I've had it a few years and plan on keeping it.

Owning S&W weapons has spoiled me.
    They have a lifetime warranty on the gun.
    They send a prepaid shipping label.

Kahr now has a 5 year warranty to the original owner.
    They usually don't pay shipping.
    That is the main gripe I have against them.

Feedback Score
    I have only owned one a PM9 I bought new in 2008, still have it. It has served as my BUG ever since, I have a love/hate relationship with it. It is the only 9mm I have found that is actually small enough to pocket carry(won't carry anything smaller)for some reason I shoot it very well and it has been very reliable from day one.
    What I hate about it is the long reset, yes I know that's the way it's designed to function, the slide release must be used to chamber a round or it will malfunction(again the way it's designed) and empty mags not always dropping free.
    I am in the process of testing a Glock 43 to see if it will take the Kahrs place(so far so good, but not enough rounds fired)
    I've tryed others none have ousted the Kahr from its BUG duties yet, but the Glock just may although it is a little bigger then the Kahr it's still small enough to work. Unlike the Shield, just too big.
    Don't think I'll ever buy another Kahr, but my PM9 has been a darn good gun.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast