Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Faxon Firearms 18" Gunner profile barrel w/ rifle gas

Feedback Score
    Nathan,

I just ordered up a 18" Gunner from Brownells and then realized afterwards that their site still talks about the older gen shorter journal length. Do you happen to know if your latest run with the 1.9" journals made it to Brownells? I'm planning on using a FSP for this one. I will try and cancel my order with them and buy one directly from you guys if I need to.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    What kind of accuracy are you all getting with this barrel? Can someone post up pictures of some groups on paper?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vvhiskey View Post
    What kind of accuracy are you all getting with this barrel? Can someone post up pictures of some groups on paper?
    I don't have pictures, and I haven't done testing even close to a Molon write up, but with Wolf Gold 55 gr FMJ-BT (the round I use all the time in 3gun) I averaged 2-2.25 inches at a 100 yd (5 rd groups). Sometimes I have achieved 1.5-1.75 in. So the range has been about 1.5 in to about 2.5".

FaxonNathan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    Nathan,

I just ordered up a 18" Gunner from Brownells and then realized afterwards that their site still talks about the older gen shorter journal length. Do you happen to know if your latest run with the 1.9" journals made it to Brownells? I'm planning on using a FSP for this one. I will try and cancel my order with them and buy one directly from you guys if I need to.
    Yes, the transition was nearly a year ago. We'll touch base with Brownells to get their site updated.

Thanks!

FaxonNathan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vvhiskey View Post
    http://ar15hunter.com/faxon-firearms...w-hunt-report/

Feedback Score
    Just received my 18" Gunner. Initial impression is that it is quite nice. I'm really digging the profile. The machine work looks very nice, and I can't wait to get it all mounted up. That's still going to be a bit, since I need to have an FSB taper pinned.

EDIT:

Did a quick mockup with some spare upper parts laying around just to get a feel for the handling/balance. So far, I am very happy. This is one nice handling barrel.

The final project will end up looking more like this (another mockup done on Gunstruction):

Last edited by BrigandTwoFour; 09-25-16 at 10:33.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

FaxonNathan Guest
    Liking what we see. Cool build!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FaxonNathan View Post
    Liking what we see. Cool build!
    How many combat accurate rounds can one expect from your 416r flame fluted barrel with a standard rate of fire? I just picked up an 18" with a rifle length gas tube. Also picked up your 3 screw gas block. Should I dimple the barrel?

FaxonNathan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserTag View Post
    How many combat accurate rounds can one expect from your 416r flame fluted barrel with a standard rate of fire? I just picked up an 18" with a rifle length gas tube. Also picked up your 3 screw gas block. Should I dimple the barrel?
    Generally speaking, we don't answer that question, as it makes too many assumptions on what constitutes "combat accuracy". There are an incredible amount of variables that go into that statement such as:
    -What is the rate of fire? Full auto? Slow-Fire? How many rounds?
    -What is the ammunition?
    -What is the shooter's capability?
    -Ambient temperature?
    -What was the rifles base accuracy?
    Etc. Etc.

As such, we typically only make a general statement, which is the barrel is typically more capable than the shooter over prolonged strings.

We do not recommend dimpling a barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FaxonNathan View Post
    Generally speaking, we don't answer that question, as it makes too many assumptions on what constitutes "combat accuracy". There are an incredible amount of variables that go into that statement such as:
    -What is the rate of fire? Full auto? Slow-Fire? How many rounds?
    -What is the ammunition?
    -What is the shooter's capability?
    -Ambient temperature?
    -What was the rifles base accuracy?
    Etc. Etc.

As such, we typically only make a general statement, which is the barrel is typically more capable than the shooter over prolonged strings.

We do not recommend dimpling a barrel.
    Soooo 10,000+?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast