Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Faxon Firearms 18" Gunner profile barrel w/ rifle gas

Feedback Score
    Great price! I just built an 18" rifle gas with an Aero Precision barrel. This was my first 18" build and I have to say Im hooked. The recoil is so much lighter than my 16" guns, Im really pleased with the accuracy too.

FaxonNathan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jackmobes View Post
    Great price! I just built an 18" rifle gas with an Aero Precision barrel. This was my first 18" build and I have to say Im hooked. The recoil is so much lighter than my 16" guns, Im really pleased with the accuracy too.
    How's it shooting, accuracy wise?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Could we get some measurements on the barrel diameter, fore and aft of the gas block?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FaxonNathan View Post
    How's it shooting, accuracy wise?
    I haven't been able to bench shoot it yet, but in the sitting and prone I was popping clothespins off of 550 chord at about 50 yards without much effort. I plan to bench shoot it in the next couple weeks and Ill post the results.

FaxonNathan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jackmobes View Post
    I haven't been able to bench shoot it yet, but in the sitting and prone I was popping clothespins off of 550 chord at about 50 yards without much effort. I plan to bench shoot it in the next couple weeks and Ill post the results.
    I think that means its pretty good.

Grew up around clothespins and they aren't more than a 1/2" if your using the old wooden ones?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd love to see a 14.5" version of this barrel. I've got a colt already, but was thinking of using parts from the area (Cincinnati, OH) to complete this build. Its a silly goal but with companies like anderson, faxon, and a few others local, it would be a fun project.
    Email inbound Nathan!

FaxonNathan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSledgehammer View Post
    I'd love to see a 14.5" version of this barrel. I've got a colt already, but was thinking of using parts from the area (Cincinnati, OH) to complete this build. Its a silly goal but with companies like anderson, faxon, and a few others local, it would be a fun project.
    Email inbound Nathan!
    They should be done next week.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FaxonNathan View Post
    They should be done next week.
    Yeah, ironically my dad and his family are all from Cincinnati.

Going to be assembling my barrel this weekend. Had tons of unexpected call outs over the past few weeks. The SLR Rifleworks Ti Sentry 6 set screw gas block is ready for install.

Pix to come.
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 06-20-15 at 11:55.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Alright. Barrel is installed and everything went well. The weight Faxon gives is spot on. Installation with the V7 Weapons Systems Ti BCM KMR barrel nut went flawlessly.

Total rifle weight (Handy rifle) with aimpoint T1 on a Larue LT660 and no mag is 6.64 pounds for an 18" barrel with rifle gas and a reliable AGB (SLR Rifleworks Ti Sentry 6 set screw).

That's down from ~6.94 pounds and the front of the gun feels SUBSTANTIALLY lighter.

Going to sight-in and run a few rounds through today.

Here goes nothing....

NOTE: Barrel has been torqued to 45 foot pounds, EFAB muzzle device timed right about 20 foot pounds using the PA precision shim kit and plenty of lube.

Gas block attached using Green loctite 620 sleeve retainer around the gas block journal, McMaster Carr knurled-cup-tip set screws using Resbond Blue 907TS high temp threadlocker. I torqued the set screws by hand until I felt the knurling grab the barrel metal and fold a little bit. Barrel was dimpled as stated previously.
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 06-22-15 at 11:33.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

FaxonNathan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Alright. Barrel is installed and everything went well. The weight Faxon gives is spot on. Installation with the V7 Weapons Systems Ti BCM KMR barrel nut went flawlessly.

Total rifle weight (Handy rifle) with aimpoint T1 on a Larue LT660 and no mag is 6.64 pounds for an 18" barrel with rifle gas and a reliable AGB (SLR Rifleworks Ti Sentry 6 set screw).

That's down from ~6.94 pounds and the front of the gun feels SUBSTANTIALLY lighter.

Going to sight-in and run a few rounds through today.

Here goes nothing....
    Enjoy! Want to see your results from the range.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast