Thread: Middy Nitride

Feedback Score

Middy Nitride

Hey all...just stopped by to share the latest build. Bare in mind this is a range toy experiment with mostly left over parts. I picked up a mid-length LOSOK nitrided barrel from Aim for $109 and attached it a BCM blem upper I've had laying around for a couple of years...the BCG is PSA as is the lower...another "blem"...furniture is take-offs of factory rifles I've modified. Magpul BUIS poly sites...really a gathering of left overs. Took 'er to the range and she runs like a freakin' Swiss clock...and POA required no adjustment...the low-pro gas block is a clamp on but gave no issues out of the gate and the FF handguard is a MI 2-piece. I keep expecting to have a problem but so far, so good. Anyway, the point of the tool is that it's possible to gather your leftovers and build a fun range gun for minimal investment. Would I carry it in to harms way?...not as long as I have better options but in time my confidence should grow if it continues to run...Thanks for the look!
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” W. Churchill

Feedback Score
    Nice looking Middy!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks like a fun range toy. Congrats and enjoy.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Man, if that's your version of a "left over" parts gun, then I need to start collecting parts. Nice rifle.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice lookin' rig!

I actually just tackled a build similar to this--left over parts, and tried to assemble it as inexpensively as possible. I always wanted to see how low I could keep the price tag when building an AR, and I think I came in around the $440.00 mark. Like you said, not a "go-in-to-battle" gun; more or less a fun range toy.
    Take it like a man."

This Too Shall Pass

Feedback Score
    Exactly that Socom...I had most of this stuff lying around from years of builds and left over parts...I still needed a barrel and hand guard...a lower receiver, but the focus was to build it cheap...The barrel is unproven but for $109 at AIM, it was worth taking a chance...I'm not real confident in the clamp on low pro gas block on a nitride barrel but I'll keep an eye on it...so far, all is good so I feel I met my challenge. I just slapped a Fastfire lll I had laying around from a scope combo I'd purchased a few years ago...not a bad little dot pointer
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” W. Churchill

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How do you like that barrel? I picked one up too but haven't done anything with it yet. The price was too good to pass up.

Feedback Score
    So far the barrel has been excellent. Of course I haven't run lots of ammo through but if the specs are to be believed...4150 steel 1/7 twist, stress relieved (whatever that means) it shoots to POA and has had no problem so far.