Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remington 11-87 Police

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by G19A3 View Post
    What are the 11-87 Police going for nowadays, if you don't mind me asking?
    I paid $699 NIB

I appreciate the different information everyone has provided. It has been very helpful. Anything else?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraBG View Post
    I paid $699 NIB

I appreciate the different information everyone has provided. It has been very helpful. Anything else?
    Thanks for the update.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I enjoy the really light recoil of my 11-87

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

The blued/wood 1187 on the left is detailed in the link in my signature below.

I purchased the 1187P new about three years ago. Some observations;

1. They both function fine with Federal LE132-00 (9-pellet) and Federal LE127 RS (soft lead Hydra-Shok HP slug) reduced-recoil loads. However, they will NOT function with 00 8-pellet loads, such as the Remington Managed-Recoil.

2. The two Federal LE loads mentioned above cycle reliably and allow for faster follow-up shots vs. full-power loads (the 1187 needs to be shouldered to cycle reliably regardless of load).

3. Along with the two reduced-recoil Federal LE loads, I use the Brenneke Heavy Field Short Magnum load (full-power 1-1/4 ounce hard slug) when maximum penetration is needed. At 50 yards, it prints within a few inches of the Federal load.

4. The magazine extension on the 1187P is a two-piece affair, the actual tube threads into the retainer nut. To reassemble, install the retainer nut first to secure the forearm, then install the spring and the tube. The tube should come in light contact with the end of the magazine to remove any gap, then the barrel/magazine clamp is installed to hold the tube in place (be sure to hold the tube from backing out when installing the clamp).

The 1187P is pretty good out of the box but I've made a few changes including a Wolff magazine spring, a G,G&G stainless magazine follower, a G,G&G charging handle, and a Speedfeed 13" stock .

For a defensive use I much prefer the FO bead and rib that I'm using on my 1187 Premier. The rifle sights on the 1187P do provide better precision with slugs but for fast work the front sight does not stand out as well as the FO bead. I just ordered a HiViz FO front sight for the 1187P which I think will help. The only downside I've found with FO sights is that they are more fragile, but the HiViz brand seems more robust than the others.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    The 3" 11/87 guns usually will run light 2 3/4" loads, but not all of them. You may have to try a couple different ones.

The 3 1/2" 11/87 magnums will rarely, if ever run light 2 3/4" loads.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I've had great luck so far with estate and federal light loads through my 11-87p. Great shotgun!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I just picked up a newer used one yesterday. It's got a Wilson Combat extensión tube on it. Will install a mesa tactical clamp/sling/light mount on it as well. Can't wait to run that sucker.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Took mine out the other day and it ran fine on full power buck and slugs, robins reduced recoil buck but choked on the reduced recoil slugs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Are the 11-87's built with premium parts & care like the 870P's are..or at least were, at one time? Any MIM parts?
    Any common mods needed to make it 100%?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Im bumping this thread, instead of starting another, to see here if anyone can answer. Been wondering this ever since Remington moved here to Huntsville. There is an excellent sticky above, that details the care and precision, along with the differences, between the Police 870's and all other models.
    Questions: Here in Huntsville...do they still have dedicated rooms for the Police shottys?
    Are the 11-87 Police guns made the same way, with premium parts and all hand fit and extra QC? Do either the 870P or 1187P have any MIM parts?
    What is the opinion of those of you who know, of the current,"made today" Police 870 & 1187?
    Strongly wanting a 1187Police Magnum....but Ive got & had a case of the red ass against any & all things Remington for many years now. Anyone up-tp-date on this?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast