Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your ready vehicle

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    There was link posted here once of a guy who installs Cummins engines in older Ford trucks. Pretty bad ass IMHO.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    I've not researched the details yet, but the Subaru had 4 wheel independent all wheel drive, and the computer controlled the torque. I could barely spin a tire...the car would not let it happen.

We left that field pretty muddy, and the undercarriage had mud/dirt/grass caked everywhere from dragging and bottoming out, but the sides were relatively clean because of minimal wheel slippage.

It was a 4*4 experience I've never had before. I'm used to powering through mud with wheels spinning and mud slinging everywhere. That doesn't happen with this system. The transmission/transfer case (or whatever it's called by Subaru) restricts power to individual wheels based on traction.

If you like big muddy rooster tails, this isn't your rig. But it I had to put my wife in a vehicle and send her to see family in Buffalo in January, I'd put her in the Outback over my Chevy 2500 diesel 4x4.

Take Care,

Buzz
    Regarding your bottom line, I spent a month one winter in Alaska. Most of the town was driving Suburu's with snow tires. -10 out, roads essentially NOT kept clean or plowed, so you're talking about ice on snow on ice. I'm from CA, so you know my snow driving experience is minimal. I had no problem keeping up with traffic there.

They aren't pretty, and sadly aren't very big, but they seemed to handle with icy roads well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a 2010 Corolla. I can sit in traffic and idle like no one's business!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    Regarding your bottom line, I spent a month one winter in Alaska. Most of the town was driving Suburu's with snow tires. -10 out, roads essentially NOT kept clean or plowed, so you're talking about ice on snow on ice. I'm from CA, so you know my snow driving experience is minimal. I had no problem keeping up with traffic there.

They aren't pretty, and sadly aren't very big, but they seemed to handle with icy roads well.
    If you want big with that same experience, I can recommend the Cadillac Escalade line. It does essentially the same thing. Only it costs $$$

Feedback Score
    DSC00355small.jpg

My 1972 3/4 ton Dodge Power Wagon. Lockers, completely rewired, upgraded electronics, upgraded suspension, MSD, 4BB, Headers, Magnum 360, plow, flatbed.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    If you want big with that same experience, I can recommend the Cadillac Escalade line. It does essentially the same thing. Only it costs $$$
    I just paid $8500 for a 05' ESV with 140k miles and a new transmission. Other than hail damage on the hood and a crack on the front bumper cover, I dont have anything to fix. The caddy gets better mileage than my 08' F150 on the highway, got over 500 miles on 1 25 gal tank; F150 gets 350 miles on a 27 gal tank. I took off the side steps too, makes it a lot easier to crawl under and helps with ground clearance.
    Last edited by Turnkey11; 07-04-15 at 16:03.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ready vehicle and EDD , 2008 Toyota Tacoma V6,full bed, slightly lifted with a few mods coming down the road. Currently at 211,035 without a hiccup and it still hauls ass when you punch it.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by vigilant2; 07-05-15 at 17:00.
    "Do not mistake my silence for compliance or concession,
    I most probably have simply stopped casting pearls".
    Hayden 2002.

http://fastacademy.net/wp/

Feedback Score
    I have a topper for it, but it's Black. If I ever need it it's a breeze to put on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have a 09 4runner v6 4x4(really wanted the v8 but couldn't find one) with slightly bigger all terrains and bilstein 5100 shocks all around. Puts it a little higher but I can still get into parking garages. It fits the dogs, wife, me, and all gear needed. If it comes down to it I could probably pull a small trailer with more stuff, or hopefully in the future a nice 2 seat side by side or ATV. If we ever have kids it might change and need to step up to something bigger, but I will deal with that when it comes. If I had no money issues I would get an Earthroamer and get a nice off road trailer to pull a smaller vehicle and/or an ATV/side by side. Keep it stocked up and just live out in the woods somewhere for a long time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    image.jpg
    This is my Silver Lake Sand Dunes truck. 1995 Ford - 5.8L, 7" lift, 35x12.50 BFG AT, cold air induction, custom dual exhaust with catalytic converter delete and summit racing exhaust cutouts with switch in cab. I bought it and tricked it out in 95'. Always parked inside and never driven in winters. Currently has 70K miles on it. I have several friends waiting to buy it...lol
    Last edited by Airhasz; 07-09-15 at 21:09.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast