Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your ready vehicle

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    Our winter beater/road trip vehicle is a 05' Escalade ESV. Other than a leaky sunroof I haven't had any issues with it to date.
    When did yours start leaking? I've got a -14 Yukon.
    Last edited by CRAMBONE; 02-22-16 at 16:00. Reason: Punctuation

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've got a 2dr Wrangler. Just got it about 3 months ago so other than feeling it out, I haven't made any upgrades to it yet. Want to add some new bumpers, a 2.5" lift and bigger tires as well as side steps for those shorter people. Other updates are adding some fuel cans and a mount but haven't decided on what kind I want to go with, or if I want to go with a swing away rear tire carrier/ fuel can carrier combo when I upgrade the rear bumper. Its like playing legos with a car, almost like the versatility of an AR, IMO.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason0311 View Post
    When did yours start leaking? I've got a -14 Yukon.
    Dunno, bought it used. I close it, then bump it up slightly and it doesn't leak. Resetting it didn't help either.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Got rid of the 2000 Grand Cherokee that I had lifted 4in. Needed something much better on fuel and room. Picked up a 2003 GMC Yukon XL with 150,000 miles. Much better vehicle.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    Got rid of the 2000 Grand Cherokee that I had lifted 4in. Needed something much better on fuel and room. Picked up a 2003 GMC Yukon XL with 150,000 miles. Much better vehicle.
    Your old GC would have outwheeled anything Chevy has made since the K5 six ways from Sunday. If it's supposed to be some kind of BOV you'd better leave before the roads get jammed because you won't get very far overland in 8,000lb IFS rig.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Labayu View Post
    Your old GC would have outwheeled anything Chevy has made since the K5 six ways from Sunday. If it's supposed to be some kind of BOV you'd better leave before the roads get jammed because you won't get very far overland in 8,000lb IFS rig.
    Sorry, but ive had 10 times better luck with the GM trucks than the Jeeps ive owned. Besides, here in indiana, worst thing we have is wide open muddy fields and anything 4x4 does fine when youre not an idiot.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    I decided on a 2015 Subaru Outback, because I am trying to balance good fuel efficiency and comfortable commuting with large cargo space and mild off-road/bad weather capability. I've lifted it so it has approximately 10" of ground clearance, and replaced the rear springs with HD ones that allow me to carry about 800lbs of gear in back without losing ground clearance. Also added some legit All Terrain tires. These boxer engines are stupid reliable and it gets about 29 hwy. Only hangups I might have with it are water fording and having to push disabled vehicles out of the way, following a disaster. It wouldn't be well suited for those jobs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    I decided on a 2015 Subaru Outback, because I am trying to balance good fuel efficiency and comfortable commuting with large cargo space and mild off-road/bad weather capability. I've lifted it so it has approximately 10" of ground clearance, and replaced the rear springs with HD ones that allow me to carry about 800lbs of gear in back without losing ground clearance. Also added some legit All Terrain tires. These boxer engines are stupid reliable and it gets about 29 hwy. Only hangups I might have with it are water fording and having to push disabled vehicles out of the way, following a disaster. It wouldn't be well suited for those jobs.
    I’d love to see some pics! Very interested in a Subaru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Just picked up an 06 Wrangler rubicon. Short on space but should do well to get out of town if needed.
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Older FJC with security box (loaded) in back, new rear coils @ 600# over stock.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast