Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Streamlight TLR-1?

Feedback Score

Streamlight TLR-1?

I installed a TLR-1HL on my LWRC SBR. In this configuration, with the AFG , it is very ergonomic . I barely have to move my finger to have full control of the light. It's very bright , but it still matches up well with my Aimpoint PRO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TF82 View Post
    I figured maybe the trouble mostly applied to those running their lights close to the muzzle on rifles because at 12 o'clock on a 13" rail I never had to clean my light and on my pistol I just use a rag.
    I wonder if it's a difference in burn speed/composition difference between rifle and pistol powder, too. Gunk and fouling on my rifle always seems more difficult to remove than on my pistol.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    I have had several, like the tlr1 hl the most. I also have a surefire x300u, i like the way the surefire looks better but the streamlight switch and mount are leaps and bounds better than the surefire.

Feedback Score
    I have the TLR-1 on my "things that go bump in the night" gun. Perfect amount of light for around the homestead. It's 400 ft from the house to the creek and I can see through the trees just fine at night with it. Not so much light as to bounce back and blind me in the house.

You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have been using one daily on and off duty for the past five years. I run it with their version of the DG switch and love it. I have never had an issue with it, just replace the batteries and it keeps on ticking. I have never found it too dim nor too bright and I would not hesitate to pick up a used one at a good price, or a used HL version. I would say that a coworker had a negative experience with one crapping out and has sworn them off.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoTex1 View Post
    Have been using one daily on and off duty for the past five years. I run it with their version of the DG switch and love it. I have never had an issue with it, just replace the batteries and it keeps on ticking. I have never found it too dim nor too bright and I would not hesitate to pick up a used one at a good price, or a used HL version. I would say that a coworker had a negative experience with one crapping out and has sworn them off.
    I also have a Streamlight Contour Switch. I like it, but the one thing I have against it is the damn thing is very thick. Even the button part is thick and it changes my grip enough to be noticeable.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I find it hard to believe there aren't any threads on this but I did a search on "TLR-1" and "Streamlight" and returned no results.
    Your Google-fu is weak, bro.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tlr-....m4carbine.net
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    I've been running my TLR-1 at 9 o'clock. (as seen above) I just reach up with my thumb to hit the switch. After viewing this thread, I decided to try it at the 6 o'clock position. It is easier to engage, but sometimes my finger will bump it causing a flash. I may have to experiment and move the foregrip back a notch, but so far the occasional "flash" is the only down side. Right now my only alternative is a very large 9V (non LED) Surefire that I used in Iraq 10 years ago. I may go back to using it, but if I do I'll need a new tape switch, so the TLR-1 stays for now. Here it is with my shorter 7.5" upper.

Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 06-28-15 at 12:22.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I've had better luck with the TLR1 than I have the X300, so that's what I use on my pistols. Plus you can get 2 for the price of a X300, so that's a bonus.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast