Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silencerco Omega finish

Feedback Score

Silencerco Omega finish

So I threw an Omega on my factory Daniel Defense MK18. Other than the increased recoil and occasional bump fire when shooting from a barricade or off a bench it has been awesome. Now I expected it to get REALLY hot but not so hot that it would make the finish start to boil. I shot a 2 gun match and after double tapping about 14 targets I look down and see the finish coming off, im not too worried about the internal blast baffle showing heat marks. Im using the Silencerco Trifecta flash suppressor, 10.3" barrel and geissele dynamic 3 gun trigger, H2 buffer. Anyone having problems with their suppressor finish coming off, any recommendations, or is this going to get worse?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brians2k View Post
    is this going to get worse?
    Yes, the byproduct of suppression is heat. 556 gets suppressors extremely hot (especially titanium) and eventually all your paint will burn off.
    Last edited by themonk; 06-13-15 at 13:55.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Yes, the byproduct of suppression is heat. 556 gets suppressors extremely hot (especially titanium) and eventually all your paint will burn off.
    Cant help but ask the silly question, why would SilencerCo even bother doing this kind of finish on the can? I guess it doesn't really matter I'm going to shoot it not brag about it.

Feedback Score
    Maybe titanium is more difficult to get a good high heat resistant finish to stick?

Good news is you can call silencerco and they'll take care of the issue. My concern would be the finish wearing to the point it makes it difficult to read the info, I could see someone having a bad day trying to make a big deal out of not being able to clearly read the model # etc.. Nothing illegal about it but may as well not give any Leo or range officer (I know only atf has "right" to ask for paperwork) any reason to take up more than a second or two of your time.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapshot View Post
    My concern would be the finish wearing to the point it makes it difficult to read the info, I could see someone having a bad day trying to make a big deal out of not being able to clearly read the model # etc.. Nothing illegal about it but may as well not give any Leo or range officer (I know only atf has "right" to ask for paperwork) any reason to take up more than a second or two of your time.
    I would not be concerned about this. Have fun, shoots lots of ammo, enjoy your new omega, and live long and prosper.
    Last edited by themonk; 06-13-15 at 15:46.

Feedback Score
    Just polish it all off...

Not my pic...just a guy that made an adapter to use the Saker MAAD mounts on an Omega, and refinished his can.

Feedback Score
    I don't think anyone should be concerned about it, I mean worse case scenario is you rubbing the paint off and your gtg.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I think the main issue, sorry to say, is an omega on a MK18. 10.3 uppers in 5.56 are abusive. Titanium can and only first baffel stellite and using a flash hider.. IMO This can was not made for a Mk18 with any sort of volume firing schedule or rate of fire in my opinion...

Not saying it's a bad suppressor overall.. but for this platform I'm not supprised the finish came bubbling off in one mag..
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Also, you might want to black out your serial on your suppressor in your pic. Just FYI.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Also, you might want to black out your serial on your suppressor in your pic. Just FYI.
    Because someone is going to tell the cops that he stole it from him and then hope they ignore the NFA chain it took to get to the rightful owner? It seems as though this is probably about the safest serial number one could post on the intrawebs.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast