Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mount selection

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatorangecat View Post
    The Leupold is 1.5" to centerline, the Nightforce is 1.375", and the Armalite is 1.25". I like the height of the Armalite but it's not even close to the quality of a Spuhr. As for the ADM and Larue QD they are 1.5 and 1.44" to centerline. The Spuhr looks like the only quality mount that sits at 1.25". If ADM makes a lower mount please tell me the model number.
    the reason AR scope mounts are so high is the straight stock.

Your bolt gun has drop at the comb so you can mount the scope lower and closer to the centerline of the bore

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcoodyar15 View Post
    the reason AR scope mounts are so high is the straight stock.

Your bolt gun has drop at the comb so you can mount the scope lower and closer to the centerline of the bore
    This is my first dedicated precision AR not my first time with an AR. I understand the anatomical differences between the two. The 1.5" corresponds to the height of a standard AR front site post. This may be great for reactive shooting with both eyes open but on a precision rifle with a variable optic it is too high. That's why a stock like the PRS has an adjustable cheek piece.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Leupold is 1.5" to centerline, the Nightforce is 1.375", and the Armalite is 1.25". I like the height of the Armalite but it's not even close to the quality of a Spuhr. As for the ADM and Larue QD they are 1.5 and 1.44" to centerline. The Spuhr looks like the only quality mount that sits at 1.25". If ADM makes a lower mount please tell me the model number.
    uploadfromtaptalk1438228110861.jpg

Not sure your you got your data, but the mk 2 is 1.42" on height.

http://www.webyshops.com/brand/Leupo...-110291_2.html
    Last edited by cbx; 07-29-15 at 22:55.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Adm info, on their website.
    uploadfromtaptalk1438228394746.jpg

http://www.americandefensemanufactur...iew/product/5/

Larue makes a ton of different heights. I recommend browsing their site.

The spuhr looks great. I'm sure it would do the job also.

The armalite isn't fancy, but you can have a hand full of leupold or armalite mounts for the price of the spuhr. But the spuhr does things that the others don't.

Edit because my screen shots sucked.
    Last edited by cbx; 07-29-15 at 23:07.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbx View Post
    Adm info, on their website.
    uploadfromtaptalk1438228394746.jpg

http://www.americandefensemanufactur...iew/product/5/

Larue makes a ton of different heights. I recommend browsing their site.

The spuhr looks great. I'm sure it would do the job also.

The armalite isn't fancy, but you can have a hand full of leupold or armalite mounts for the price of the spuhr. But the spuhr does things that the others don't.

Edit because my screen shots sucked.

Let me clarify that I'm talking about cantilever mounts the ADM Recon, Recon X, Recon PB are all 1.47" the Recon H is 1.97" as for the Larue the LT158 is the lowest they offer at 1.44". Really I'm not sure I like the idea of quick detach anyway. I will probably cough up the cash for the Spuhr.

Feedback Score
    It might be lighter than you're looking for but I really like the Aero Precision that I have. The only problem is that it won't fit over the Matech BUIS that I was using in the back, but I might be able to clearance the sight to work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123