Thread: Explanation of Co-Witness

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Explanation of Co-Witness

Now, I have around this business for a bit now, on both ends of the spectrum, from the .mil side to the industry side.

I think there is common misconception on what Co-Witnessing really is, as to a true definition. Now I am going to put it to the people without my 2 cents and see what the public says Vs what the operators and shooters tend to say (and I will say that there are Tier 1 Operators that do not agree also on this very topic).

This term is thrown around so loosely without a true "text book" definition.

So here it is:

Co-Witness is -

A - Having the ability to be able to align your Iron Sights or BUIS through your Optics / Red dots (where it locates in the glass it does not matter {middle / bottom 1/3}), leaving your red dot Zeroed.

B - Sighting in your Optics / Red Dots and then bringing your Iron Sights or BUIS to align with the Red Dots.
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 07-21-08 at 02:28. Reason: spelling
    Brett W

Elite Defense
    Vice President of Domestic Sales and Marketing

FN Senior Manager of Assault Weapons - SCAR Program 2006-2010
    Former Troy Industries Inc Director of Operations 2003-2006

Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing!
    -Pat Riley