Thread: Specwar K owners, please speak up

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Specwar K owners, please speak up

I can hardly find information on this can. Seems like everyone grabbed the Saker K and forgot about this guy. Looking for first hand reports before I drop the cash.

Mainly curious about the length actually added to the system. Would someone mind rodding/measuring their barrel with/without the can? Curious about the length the can extends beyond the edge of the muzzle device. Also, dying to hear about db levels on a 7.5" barrel. I know it's not going to be quiet. I just want to know how not-quiet. I will never, and I mean never shoot 5.56 without ears.

If any of you happen to own both a Saker K and Specwar K, if you ignore the diferences between the mounting systems and the interchangeable endcaps, which would you prefer? Is the Saker K really worth the extra scratch for an extra half inch and a (MUCH, much cooler) looking can?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
    Also, dying to hear about db levels on a 7.5" barrel.
    Unless they've changed something, it's not rated for a 7.5" barrel. The Specwar 556 and Specwar K 556 are rated down to 10". The Specwar 762 and all Sakers are good down to 7" for 5.56. I know there's conflicting info on their site, but that's the latest info I got from SiCo.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Shang,

I just picked up my Specwar K last week and, so far, I really like it. The muzzle devices for these cans are 2 1/2" long overall, so they extend 2" beyond the muzzle. The can itself adds 4" beyond the brake-mount (muzzle device). IMG_3747.jpg

I measured the overall barrel length with the mount, on a closed bolt, and came up with 13.5" overall with my 11.5" barrel. The total barrel length with the can on is 17.5". I placed the SBR next to a rifle with 16" barrel and Trifecta muzzle device for an overall length comparison. IMG_3568.jpg You will see it is still just a bit shorter. I would wager to say that with the same stock on both guns, the length would be right about the same.

I don't have any actual db ratings for you but I did a little alternating between this and the Specwar 762 on my 11.5" gun over the weekend. The tone was a little lower on the 762 but the overall sound was not that different. Given the 3" shorter and 10 oz lighter, I am very pleased with its performance.

I don't have any experience with the Saker cans & had no need for their attributes. The Specwar line fits my needs perfectly and I have no reason to think they will let me down.

On a side note, if you really want to experience something obnoxious, try shooting any barrel under 14.5" with the Silencer Co. brake on it for a head-rattling good time. It sucks.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    This might help. I'm considering getting one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51cSzfn-WCo

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Bnanaphone, This is perfect. A+ reply. Silencerco oughta give you a commission because you just sold me

Also, 11.5 is going to be my barrel length for this rifle I'm waiting on parts for. Good to see it handles well on that length. Thanks so much for taking the time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Unless they've changed something, it's not rated for a 7.5" barrel. The Specwar 556 and Specwar K 556 are rated down to 10". The Specwar 762 and all Sakers are good down to 7" for 5.56. I know there's conflicting info on their site, but that's the latest info I got from SiCo.
    Silencershop and a few other retailers are using this quote from the CEO, which is where I'm getting that info from. *snip*"Our goal with the K version of the Specwar was to create the shortest and lightest hearing-safe 5.56mm silencer available," noted Josh Waldron, CEO of SilencerCo. "This K version of the Specwar will still carry our lifetime warranty and can be used for full auto fire on barrel lengths down to 7 inches."*snip*

I see the PDF (https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.silence...strictions.pdf) They have lists it at 10". I'm going to fire off an email right now to see what I can learn. Will post the email here.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Got the official word. Here's the text.

Thank you for your question, and interest in our Specwar K. You are correct, that the Specwar K can be used on barrel lengths down to 7", while remaining warrantied. However, if you intend to shoot the suppressor on a 7" barrel frequently, I recommend looking at either the Saker 556, or the Saker K. Although we warranty the Specwar K down to a 7" barrel, the Saker 556, and Saker K were actually designed specifically for that sustained capability. This is due to their added Hoplon Baffle, as its entire purpose is to bring their capability down to 7". The PDF you are referring to is what I recommend you follow for most purposes, and has been based on the most current testing we have completed. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like the shit out of mine. I've got a dozen other cans and it's one of my most impressive ones. For its size it can't be beat, especially at its price point. On my 11.5 it doesn't hurt my ears at all. My 7.62 specwar isn't all that much more quiet. My omega should be cleared here soon too so I'll be able to compare them all.
    Misspelled and missing words delivered to you via the hunt-and-peck method on my phone