Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Battle tested M16A1 Elisco 653

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassIIIGunsmith View Post
    Is that really a Fabian DTA? That would be the first time I have seen one in 30 years. I never really thought that it would have worked but in full auto it works well. By the time I went to buy one they were out of business and I have never seen one again.
    We're showing our age. I have one of those that i bought back in '85 or '86.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by colt933 View Post
    Have you ever seen the movie 'Platoon'? Those are all Eliseo guns, and if you freeze frame, you can see the markings on Barnes' rifle at least once. The historical inaccuracy is that the two sergeants' rifles have 14.5" instead of 11.5" barrels.
    Ill try and watch it again( seen it about 3x) never paid particular notice to the model of the guns used in the film. All
    I knew was that they were M16s

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Mabuhay!

Your Elisco "Baby Armalite" is a "Best of Breed" carbine. They're excellent investments and should provide you decades of fun.

Well-used guns like this can be overhauled to run darn near forever -- but they do take maintenance from guys who know what they're doing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Mabuhay!

Your Elisco "Baby Armalite" is a "Best of Breed" carbine. They're excellent investments and should provide you decades of fun.

Well-used guns like this can be overhauled to run darn near forever -- but they do take maintenance from guys who know what they're doing.

MABUHAY SINISTER that is quite a Moniker ( best in breed) , my cousin who was a full Col. when he retired says his elisco 653p never failed him in the skirmishes he was in. He was posted in some of the most dangerous places( Jolo,Tawi-Tawi, Basilan Maguindanao) in the Southern islands as a battalion Commander. The former Owner was also a COL. claims that this elisco 653p that I acquired has no more than 1,500 rounds thru it & my cousin says that it looks like it has been well maintained. I'll try to take high resolution pictures while its dismantled.

Feedback Score
    My apologies for taking so long to reply , I was told a definite NO by the Firearms & Explosives Office, sorry fellows. It's a pity cause they would have been put to good use there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    I would be interested to know as well. I would surely love to have a couple of those 20-rounders.
    My earlier post was suppose to quote this.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle89 View Post
    My earlier post was suppose to quote this.
    That is a shame. Oh well. You tried.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle89 View Post
    I am now the proud new owner of this carbine, now for the hard part . The transfer of the license apparently have some restriction, it is not as straight forward as I thought. I'll keep you guys posted as I go along in the process. To answer some of the earlier questions of Class111Gunsmith , the fire control has Full Auto & the Flash hider is an A1 Birdcage. Attachment 33863Attachment 33864
    Well after nearly 3 years of waiting,prodding,lobbying & campaigning the National Police Department finally set out the procedures & conditions to convert & transfer an assault rifle(full auto) to a Semi-auto Civilian authorised version. Only Retired Military & Law Enforcement personnels are permitted to have licensed Full Auto Rifles on the condition that they could only on sell the rifles to already licensed individuals. If they can not on the oft chance find a buyer, they have to surrender the firearm to the National Police. The full auto sears & selectors parts are surrendered & replaced with a semi auto only parts. At least now the licensed owners have an easier avenue to convert their prized possessions to cash. It’s a shame I can’t legally own it as a full Auto but it is better to own a semi auto legally.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345