Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Level 2 holsters

Feedback Score
    Quick update with first impressions.
    The holster did not work out of the box. To fit the G19 with RMR milled in front of the rear sight I had to make some modifications. I needed to remove material from the locking retention mechanism to clear the RMR. I then needed to heat up the holster just under the hood to clear the RMR too. I put the holster back together and the 19 fit perfect. I do love the draw with this holster. Very intuitive and fast with great retention. I wanted to see if I could make the G34 fit in this holster too. I had to remove the plug in the bottom which was fine since the 19 didn't reach it anyway and I don't run a 17. I also had to heat up the bottom of the holster and open it up a little since there was a taper for a 17. I didn't take this very far thou as to not mess with the integrity of the holster. Needless to say with my slight adjustments I will be able to run both pistols. I hope to get to the range sometime in the next two weeks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the update I love it when I see people modifying their gear to make it work exactly how they want it to..

Some of my coworkers think I'm nuts for cutting up and modifying gear..

Can't wait to hear your range impressions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacked_Out View Post
    Quick update with first impressions.
    The holster did not work out of the box. To fit the G19 with RMR milled in front of the rear sight I had to make some modifications. I needed to remove material from the locking retention mechanism to clear the RMR. I then needed to heat up the holster just under the hood to clear the RMR too. I put the holster back together and the 19 fit perfect. I do love the draw with this holster. Very intuitive and fast with great retention. I wanted to see if I could make the G34 fit in this holster too. I had to remove the plug in the bottom which was fine since the 19 didn't reach it anyway and I don't run a 17. I also had to heat up the bottom of the holster and open it up a little since there was a taper for a 17. I didn't take this very far thou as to not mess with the integrity of the holster. Needless to say with my slight adjustments I will be able to run both pistols. I hope to get to the range sometime in the next two weeks.
    Yeah, the 6354DO was originally made for Glocks with a Docter Optic (hence the DO designation). I will note that there should be a variant out there that fits the Glock 34 with an X300U (SKU: 1155652, PART: 6354DO-6832-701 for the version wrapped in Multicam); it is my understanding that this particular holster model has been used by one of the SMUs, as it also fits the so-called Roland Special:

The idea being that the compensated Glock 19 would have the same OAL as a Glock 34 and thus be able to use the same holsters, but sight radius no longer matters since there is a red dot, yet the compensator offers the Glock 19 superior shooting characteristics compared to a standard Glock 34, especially since a flatter shooting gun (courtesy of the compensator) makes the red dot easier to track during recoil. It's also more reliable than a Glock 17C or 19C, apparently, as the C models blow carbon and gas all over the inside of the gun/slide, cause lube to be ejected, and grit to form far more quickly, while a comp blows the debris outside of the gun.

Anyway, if you're willing to pony up for a second holster (and the slight modifications needed to fit the RMR), you can certainly find a holster that'll work with the 19, the 17, and the 34, with RMR and X300U.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Yes default that's what I was saying. I took the existing holster meant for the 17 with a doctor and made it work for the 19 and 34 easy least.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sorry to bump an older thread but do you know the part number for the g17 holster with the x300u? I only see the part number for the x300

Feedback Score
    The package on the one I got for the 19 said only X300 but my X300U worked easy peasy you will be fine with the one for X300

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123