Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you decide which lower to SBR?

Feedback Score

How do you decide which lower to SBR?

I SBR'd a DPMS lower years ago before I knew better. Unfortunately it's got a walking FCG pin problem. Obviously my next one will be a quality unit. I'm considering my 6920 lower, or my BCM. Hell, since I'll have it forever, I might as well go all out and get another KAC lower or even an HK MR556.

Then there's the question, should it be ambi or USGI stock configuration?

How do you guys decide on a lower? I'm just curious.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    BCM...over ..out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Your walking FCG pin problem is generally not a function of the lower. It's more likely a function of your trigger group. Replace those parts with quality stuff and you should be GTG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    Your walking FCG pin problem is generally not a function of the lower. It's more likely a function of your trigger group. Replace those parts with quality stuff and you should be GTG.
    BTDT, it's the lower. The holes are oversized.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Try KNS pins yet? Sounds like it could solve your problem.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    SBR your favorite lower. Once you get the stamp, you can put any upper with any length barrel you want on it, including the one you had on it originally. Once I had an SBR, I found that was what I shot almost all the time. I wanted it to be reliable.
    Last edited by Hmac; 06-20-15 at 23:46.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I would really like to see this lower. Simply because I have seen lowers that were 20+ years old in the military that were used and abused and they worked just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    BTDT, it's the lower. The holes are oversized.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I would really like to see this lower. Simply because I have seen lowers that were 20+ years old in the military that were used and abused and they worked just fine.
    Unless the holes were drilled improperly from the start, like they probably were on mine.

I've tried fitting Colt and BCM LPKs in it, and they both have a noticeably looser fit than they do in their own lowers.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    If you have the cash to drop on a KAC lower and want to spend it then go right ahead. Otherwise just do the Form 1 on your existing Colt or BCM.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like factory SBRs. Have you considered a factory colt, BCM, or KAC sbr? Re: your current DPMS sbr, you can either use KNS non-rotating pins or consider sending it off to M60Joe to have the FCG holes drilled out and steel bushings installed.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 06-21-15 at 13:32.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast