Thread: Accuracy of a BCM 11.5 chrome line barrel versus others?

Feedback Score

Accuracy of a BCM 11.5 chrome line barrel versus others?

I'm contemplating the upper for the AR lower I plan register (SBR). I plan to shoot suppressed a majority of the time with a Silencerco Specwar 5.56 can I ordered probably with a red dot or low powered optic.

Does anyone have experience with the chrome lined barrels barrels sold by BCM as far as accuracy with non-Match ammo 55 grain, 62 grain you wish to share?

I have been searching for a 11.5 barrel which is Melonite or Nitride coated instead of chrome lined and the only one I have found is a Brownells labeled barrel.

Supposedly the Melonite, Nitride, QPQ process leads to better accuracy since chrome lining is difficult to apply evenly. However, I'm looking for real world experience.

This is not a match rifle meant to shot at 600 yards but I would like the best accuracy I can get and still enjoy the benefits good accuracy and easy cleaning.

Any other barrels should I consider in the 11.5 length NON HBAR contour?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have a BCM CL 11.5" barrel and it's more accurate than I'm able to shoot it. IMO it would serve you well.

If you want to wait, Sionics does runs of Melonite barrels but it looks like they don't have any 11.5" in stock at the moment. Maybe Iraqgunz can provide some more information on when they might be available again.
    Last edited by SteveL; 06-23-15 at 18:43.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Accuracy of a BCM 11.5 chrome line barrel versus others?

Check out ballistic advantage, aero precision, and faxon firearms. I know they offer quite a few barrels in qpq/melonite. The gas port might leave a little to be desired but an adjustable gas block should fix that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lahunter57; 06-23-15 at 19:07.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Sorry, I only have chrome lined.

Weapon Outfitters has Sionics 11.5 melonite and a few other brands of 11.5s last time I checked:
    http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/ar15...th=11_5_inches

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Go with the BCM. You won't be sorry.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    I have two 11.5" BFH uppers and I've been very pleased with them. One of them has been in probably 100 videos in one form or another.
    aka, "TWANGnBANG"

Feedback Score
    For what it's worth, I was getting .5 inch groups at 50 and 100 yards with the 10.5 DD barrel using PMC 55gr. I would imagine the 11.5 would better in terms of groups. I also own a BCM 16" and it's quite accurate.
    "If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    They are good barrels. Ammunition selection plays a large role with accuracy as well. Bcm barrels will last most people the rest of their lives. I have a standard chrome lined barrel and have no complaints. Have a 16" midlength as well. The 11.5 is on my pistol that's getting sbr'd.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Go with the BCM. You won't be sorry.
    This.