Thread: SBR transfer

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

SBR transfer

I am thinking about getting a mega arms upper and lower receiver set to sbr. I already have a lower receiver sbr and stamped. If I keep it in the family, to my sisters husband (different last name) than what's on the trust, would he be able to own it?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I lower is not bad, the main reason I want a new one is because I really want a tight rifle. The wiggle irritates the snot out of me.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Didn't mean mega, meant battle arms

https://www.battlearmsdevelopment.co...r-receiver-set

Feedback Score
    He won't own it. The trust owns it. If he's a trustee, he would be able to be in possession of it...if that's what you're asking.

Feedback Score
    If all the legal requirements are otherwise satisfied, e.g., he lives in an sbr friendly state, etc., your BIL can take the sbr from you personally or from your trust via a Form 4 transfer to "keep it in the family."

If you want him to have the sbr upon you death, and you personally own the sbr, then it can be a Form 5 transfer.

If the sbr is in a trust, and you wish it to remain in the trust, you can designate him as a trustee or beneficiary. As BigWaylon said, the trust will continue to own the sbr. Your BIL could have possession and use. Provided you make the designations as the trust's creator before your death, or the trustee has the power to do, your status as living or deceased is irrelevant.

If you want your BIL to own the lower, you could deregister it as an sbr, transfer it to him, and he could Form 1 it back to an sbr either personally or in trust.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stx.dead.I View Post
    I am thinking about getting a mega arms upper and lower receiver set to sbr. I already have a lower receiver sbr and stamped. If I keep it in the family, to my sisters husband (different last name) than what's on the trust, would he be able to own it?
    Quote Originally Posted by stx.dead.I View Post
    I lower is not bad, the main reason I want a new one is because I really want a tight rifle. The wiggle irritates the snot out of me.
    I have a Mega Gator and Mega Forged upper that fit pretty tight, absolutely no wiggle. I was worried that there might be problems with the pins being difficult to remove but it's the complete opposite, take down is a breeze other than a slight bump to seperate the lower from the upper. I don't if it's the norm for Mega to fit so tightly with a Mega upper though and I may just be lucky.