View Poll Results: To Trade or Not? If so, which one?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • HK P30

13 41.94%
  • Sig 229 Scorpion

5 16.13%
  • Keep the HK45 and plan to diversify calibers

13 41.94%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HK P30 vs Sig 229 Scorpion

Feedback Score
    I voted keep the HK45.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkle Kurt View Post
    Just curious as to why no love for the 229? I know at one point Sig's QC was seemingly shitty but it seems to have gotten better, no?
    I've had very, very good experiences with my Sigs (229 40, 226 Combat, 226 SAO, 516, 716). Almost 10,000 rounds through the pistols and a little over 4,000 through the rifles.

I'd take either one of the 229 or P30.

Feedback Score
    Having several pistols, in one caliber, that work for you and stocking up on ammo when it is inexpensive is a very sound practice. So is keeping at least one other alternate pistol chambered for a different but popular cartridge. If the .45 works for you I say keep it and then focus on your main pistol/cartridge and commence stocking up on ammo, mags, holsters, etc...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I am in the "diversity" crowd. I have a couple calibers and try to keep SOME ammo for all of them, but only stock the ones I use. Which for pistol is pretty much 9mm.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    If you are worried about shortages .40SW is the safest bet from my experience. I shoot a lot and I was never in a situation where I couldn't find it.

Keep the HK45 (IMHO).
    During the last "scare," there was usually enough .40 S&W around to fill magazines, if needs be. I attribute this, however, to the fact that since the mid-late 90s, .40 S&W has been THE American Police Caliber. Most gun buyers buy what the cops carry, on the mistaken belief that cops would only be issued and carry the best equipment/ammunition available. If the truth were only widely known...

If/when that changes with the FBI's switch to 9mm, I believe 9mm will become "the new hotness" and you'll see massive quantities of it available everywhere - once all the agencies who are keeping up with the Jones' get their orders filled.

Or, I could be completely wrong.

Agreed on keeping the HK45 - in case the OP needed to hear it again.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Keep the HK45 and start reloading 9mm and 45ACP for the future.................... FWIW
    Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12