Thread: Blade-tech confusion

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Blade-tech confusion

I received a BT IWB holster and single mag pouch for my Hi-Power yesterday. I am very pleased with the overall product except for one thing. I ordered "J-hooks", expecting Milt Sparks style snaps. Instead I got well, J-shaped hooks. As I'm typing this I realize how dumb that expectation was.

Does anyone have any experience with these vic the snap loops? I'm pretty sure BT wouldn't field it if it sucked. The hook section looks easy to remove to swap with something else, but I might give these a spin first. Any input would be appreciated.
    Don't forget to show my head to the people. It's well worth seeing.
    -Georges Danton

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I did some research and saw that the other option is "pull the dot loops" which look like what I'm looking for but appears to be one size fits all. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Second, in a thread on Kydex holsters on 10-8, Tim Lau remarks to get "tactical black" as this color is actual Kydex and the other colors are concealex. On their pull down tab for colors, they list black, carbon, and tan(?). The carbon is listed as an extra 10 bucks. Is this the tactical black of which Tim Lau speaks?

Thanks again,
    Striker5
    Don't forget to show my head to the people. It's well worth seeing.
    -Georges Danton

Feedback Score

Pull dot loops

I use the PTDL and they are very simple to adjust to the size of your belt. You are right that they are a "one size fits all". There should be some gradients on the back of the loop straps and they indicate the belt width. If you slip the holster on the way you would wear it and then place the straps so that the snap is on the outside of your pants it should be money. Message me if you have any questions.

-Chris
    "Most standards are set low to accomodate the bottom feeders of life who lack the personal pride, motivation and determination to rise above the rest." - Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As Mojo said, the pull dot loops can be adjusted to your belt width. If you can handle a phillips-head (and some blue Loc-tite), you're in business.

You're confusing the construction material of the holster body with the straps. The "tactical black" is the kydex body. The current production straps are a rubber material, at least in black.