Thread: Patriot Performance Materials

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Patriot Performance Materials

Anyone know anything about this company?

C4

Feedback Score
    I've only heard about their patroller chest rig that is supposed to be a nicely improved version of the MAV.

What little I've heard has been positive, for what it's worth.

Feedback Score
    One of the guys I used to shoot with at Bragg works there, and I got a tour of their plant. Also, the company that I work for bought their plates, and I've been wearing a set in Iraq for about 14 months over the last two years.

I've got some of their nylon, but haven't used it all that much. It appears to be built as well as anything else, and some of their designs are fairly unique. My bottom line with nylon is that if you play hard, you are going to tear it up, but this stuff is built as well as any of the other high end manufacturers.

The test plate that I saw (from the same series as the ones I wear) stopped six (6) 7.62x39 AP rounds, spaced about 3 inches between hits. Fortunately, I have not had this test performed on a set while I was wearing them. They are significantly more comfortable than any other plates I've worn.

There aren't very many folks selling their nylon, and they don't seem to aggressivly market it. I think they've got some gov contracts in the Bragg area, especially for the plates, but their biggest money maker is armor systems for HMMWVs, which might explain why they don't spend more time pushing their armor.

I havn't been in their area in a while, and don't know what they're doing currently doing, but I wouldn't hesitate to use any of their stuff. I was out on the street in Baghdad today wearing their plates, in preference to some of the other plates my company has purchased.

doug

Feedback Score
    I've heard good things about their stuff.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    I've got some of their pouches..they are bomb proof...lol..really heavy duty..
    definitely tier 1 gear provider..oh yeah..made in USA as well...
    comes with MALICE clips

Feedback Score
    I like their pistol mag pouches and have some other gear from PPM that I use regularly also. I've converted a couple locals to the pistol shingles as well...