Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: What is the single biggest problem with America today?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Uneducated/uninterested (on the issues) voters, voting with their emotions, reinforcing their sense of being.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I have a challenge for you. Deny, if you can, any of this.

The most beautiful music, architecture, art, poetry, and literature, ever written or created, in the entire history of man, was the result of Christianity.

Some of the most profound philosophy, the birth of the university, and the establishment and development of the sciences, happened in the heart of Christendom.

The understanding of the individual as individual never existed anywhere, at any time, before Christianity came upon the seen.

You should know ahead of time that these are sentiments expressed by atheists, and no, I don't mean petulant internet atheists, but academics who have written and lectured on the subject.
    I must have missed the class in history where they explained that the ancient Greek, Egyptian, Persian, and Maya were all christians.

Who knew ?
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can't find the exact quote right now, but, to paraphrase: " Not to know and practice basic ethical concepts (religious/"natural law"/moral philosophy, et al) is willful ignorance. Not to know and not to care that you do not know, is to be utterly depraved."

The upshot: "We have found the enemy, and he is us."

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcard600 View Post
    I must have missed the class in history where they explained that the ancient Greek, Egyptian, Persian, and Maya were all christians.

Who knew ?
    Well that'll teach you to skip class so as to go to a friend's house and play x-box.
    "Do you need to be told that even such modest attainments as you boast of in the way of polite society will hardly survive the Faith to which they owe their significance?"
    T.S. Eliot, Choruses from the Rock

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Well let me tell you, it didn't end in the 60's. I was in elementary school in the 80's and I had teachers beat the shit out of me! Paddles, yard sticks, their hands, you name it. My 3rd grade teacher, a hulk of a man, once picked me up and held me by my hair! All of this was encouraged by my mother. In this day and age, her and half of my teachers would have been arrested.

As far as the problems in America, it's more than one thing.
    Catholic school, by any chance?
    There are only 2 things we should fight for. One is defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.

Gen. Smedley Butler, USMC

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    blah blah blah blah
    You shouldn't be able to vote.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    You guys crack me up.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not only the biggest problem, but the problem, is the belief that there is a fatal problem. People become hopeless and resentful of their countrymen, and invent problems that don't actually exist.

I love our system. I love our country. I hate a lot of things about it, but I'm damn glad I live here and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

FSM bless America.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J8127 View Post
    You shouldn't be able to vote.
    You know, puerile histrionic petulance isn't even attractive in children.
    "Do you need to be told that even such modest attainments as you boast of in the way of polite society will hardly survive the Faith to which they owe their significance?"
    T.S. Eliot, Choruses from the Rock

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Freedom of speech. It gives a platform to charismatic but utterly nonsensical individuals that can lead our country and countrymen astray.

But it is also our greatest strength. Where else in the history of the world could we have a discussion like the one going on right now and not have one side executed for heresy/apostasy/atheism/dissent/treason/because it's monday? I mean yes there are technically examples where this exact discussion could happen and no one would be executed, but it's a rarity and almost unheard of before America.
    Last edited by Koshinn; 06-30-15 at 01:07.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast