Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: GOOD HOT WEATHER BOOT

Feedback Score
    My problem with a lot of the warm weather boots on the market is they are all a light tan and rough side out. They simply look too tactical for daily use with a casual dress code for work. I'd love to see some more boots made on medium dark brown with the smooth side out. There are some out there, but too often they are just not durable enough for daily wear. Not to mention, mud, dirt and dust are much easier to clean off of smooth leather surfaces.

Currently I use Keen Voyagers, but all 3 pairs I have owned have had problems with the sole separating since it is a 2 piece sole. They are very comfortable, but the comfort isn't enough to compensate for the poor durability to make them a top quality boot.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GO_ALLOUT View Post
    Salomon quest 4G

Have had a pair for about 1yr. Use them in northern UT mtns. during winter and in carbine classes in the summer.

My Asolo TPS 520's now just collect dust.

The 4G's are excellent products.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Have had a pair for about 1yr. Use them in northern UT mtns. during winter and in carbine classes in the summer.

My Asolo TPS 520's now just collect dust.

The 4G's are excellent products.
    Yup...been using mine while hiking in the smoky mountains and plan to use them for shooting, training, etc...absolutely love them and the comfort blows my keens out of the water!

One of the features I like best is the lace locks that allow the top half of the boot and the bottom half of the boot to be tighter/looser.

Feedback Score
    I havea pair of black gore-tex lined garmont t4's and wore them for a hike through petra in jordan back in late may of 2014 woth no real issues. We were booking it on our hike because we had only a couple hours there, amd they kept my feet noce and comfortable the entire time, even with the death march pace and extremely warm temp.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I've been wearing the coyote brown Belleville One Xero for the past few months. I've worn them in the rain, through muddy trails, rocky desert right outside of Vegas and they are the lightest, most versatile boot I've ever worn. They are so light and comfortable I can even wear them for running, doing a run and gun in the Vegas desert and a 3 mile run at a high school track without any pain or discomfort. If I did that in my issue Belleville hot weather boots, my feet would be hating me plus I'd be running very slow too.

The boots are very water resistant as well, unlike my issued ones they don't retain water and dry very fast. Even when I step in a deep enough puddle I barely feel any water soaking through. My only complaints are the laces, while 550 like, are not long enough for the way I always tie my boots. Bellevilles run larger too. (My feet measure 10.5W on the Brannock scale but my issue Belleville HW boots are 9W. I ordered the One Xeros in 9.5W which were initially slightly too tight but after break in they fit like a glove but still slightly tighter. I believe 10W would be perfect for me.)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wear Bates boots different styles for different seasons. I have narrow feet and these fit well. I wish I had found these years ago.

Feedback Score
    Check out the Russell Safari boots for hot weather use. They are not at all water repellent and are meant for dry conditions but do a good job in hot weather. I have a pair I have used for the past six years and except for heavy dew, have never gotten them wet.

They are still in good shape and I'm looking forward to many more years of use from them. Your mileage may vary, but they should be on your short list.
    Ralph T
    Benefactor Member NRA

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Didn't the Army contract a new jungle boot?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    Didn't the Army contract a new jungle boot?
    Not yet, to my knowledge. I saw a lot of guys wearing the Rocky S2V Jungles but I was not a fan, as much as I like my normal ones and wanted to like them. The new Salomon Jungles look interesting. I'll be getting a pair soon hopefully. The red dirt out here will destroy the coloring of anyone's boots so I'm not too worried about the reg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Salomon just released a new color called Burro in their "Forces" line, which is a darker shade of brown. Comes in non Gore-Tex and heights from mid height to jungle height. The mid height is right at $160 but the taller versions are more.

Search Salomon Forces XA Pro 3D Mid in Burro and you'll find them. I've been wearing the civie version of these for a long time and use them as hikers for 10 miles plus, and really find them to be comfortable, but I do not have a wide foot.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast