Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What buffers/springs to buy

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What buffer is commonly used for a mid-length gas system? All I've used before are carbine and rifle length gas systems.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    What buffer is commonly used for a mid-length gas system? All I've used before are carbine and rifle length gas systems.
    My bcm 14.5 middy came with an H and has worked with any ammo I have tried.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hapworth View Post
    If H2s are a recommended starting point for a carbine length gas system, I'm guessing my DD V1 came with an H buffer less because it's ideal but because it increases reliability with commonly used cream puff .223 loads?

If I'm only running NATO spec 5.56 like XM193 or Hornady TAP, would switching to an H2 maintain reliable function while better tamping recoil?
    On a DD, you could likely run an H3 and be just fine. Step up to an H2 with confidence.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Whose Mid-Length? and 14.5"/16"/18" Barrel? It's not completely a one-size-fits-all sorta thing, although it can be close to that.

Gas Port Sizes, BCG Mass, Dirty or Clean, Lubed or not, Ambient Conditions, Power of the Ammo (pressures), etc. can all come into play here.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any known problems with the PSA buffers? I need an H2 asap, theirs is $19.99. Yall let me know please before I pop on one in a day or so, thank!
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Any known problems with the PSA buffers? I need an H2 asap, theirs is $19.99. Yall let me know please before I pop on one in a day or so, thank!
    Not that I know of. Just weigh it to make sure it's around 4.6oz.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    delete question
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 07-15-15 at 09:18.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    My BCM 14.5" mid runs .223 just fine with an A5H3.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Would one notice a difference worth the cost between a St-T2 buffer and an H2?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Would one notice a difference worth the cost between a St-T2 buffer and an H2?
    Avoid the ST-T2 unless you like bolt bounce. And, you don't like bolt bounce. Lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast