Thread: Upper I don't know what to do with, help?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Upper I don't know what to do with, help?

Will try to be brief and avoid insanely in depth lengthy backstory.

Recently sold my 18" 'spr' ar upper, then ended up selling the guy the lower as well a bit later.

Still have:
    Colt 6920 - nearly stock, better spring and heavier buffer, want this to remain as is.
    16" Frankenbeater - first build, test bed/dicking around cannot seem to kill it or break it gun.
    18" 6.8 - range target and coyote killer.

The rest are family members' personal rifles/setups or are or have become considered family property. Dicking around with them without prior approval would result in much bitching.

Bizarre secret background upper build with no real direction that's being examined:
    Aero Precision complete upper
    16" Ballistic Advantage 4150cmv melonited imp gov profile middy barrel with NiB M4 extension
    15" YHM competition length diamond rail (top rail only, not quad)
    Simple Threaded Device (STD) linear comp
    Daniel Defense clamp on gas block and mid length gas tube
    Rainier Arms Precision Match NiB BCG
    WMD NiB Charging Handle

The idea was to build a non NFA 'CQB' upper/AR with iron sights and a light at 12 oclock. Then time marched on, sales popped up and impulse buys took their place which this is the end result of.
    With the recent sale of my 'spr', I am now thinking of what the hell to do with it.
    Put a bipod and good scope on it and use it to replace my 'spr'?
    Stick with the 'CQB' idea and top it off with a Vortex Spitfire 1x and Inforce WML?
    Kill it with fire?

What would you do with this upper?
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 07-01-15 at 13:50.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Reference pics added:

Last edited by ColtSeavers; 07-01-15 at 13:55.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like that look, my favorite work AR's is one of Greg Sully's Commanders, an 18 inch barrel with a rifle length gas system. Good looking with rifle hand guards and a good shooting rifle. If it turns out to be a good shooter, I'd go with the scope and bipod.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You are over thinking the whole thing. Sights are easy to swap and 16 inch uppers are pretty versatile. Instead of asking u what you should do with it, you should be telling how it shoots with different sighting system and which role you think it best fills. Stop fretting, install sights, grab your ammo and mags and get to shooting
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    @26 Inf: Thank you and 'vote' noted. Your favorite work gun sounds like a winner.

@Mistwolf: Thank you for the reality check.

Thank you both for reminding me that I should feed it before putting to work and seeing what it can do.