Thread: Remington 700 and Jewell Trigger Issues

Feedback Score

Remington 700 and Jewell Trigger Issues

Got a problem I hope someone can assist with. I installed a Jewell trigger on my Remington 700. Now when I work the bolt it will not stay cocked....unless the safety is engaged. If the safety is on I can work the bolt, disengage the safety and fire....but I have to re-engage the safety in order to cock the bolt again. If I work the bolt and leave the safety on fire it will not stay cocked.

I've adjusted the Jewell trigger every way I know how.

Help please.

Heavyweight

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    Got a problem I hope someone can assist with. I installed a Jewell trigger on my Remington 700. Now when I work the bolt it will not stay cocked....unless the safety is engaged. If the safety is on I can work the bolt, disengage the safety and fire....but I have to re-engage the safety in order to cock the bolt again. If I work the bolt and leave the safety on fire it will not stay cocked.

I've adjusted the Jewell trigger every way I know how.

Help please.

Heavyweight
    I have installed them in several rem 700's

I would watch one of the many videos on the jewell trigger installation. I know it helped me.

read the installation instructions and try to put the trigger back to factory adjustment. Sounds like you may have the sear engagement way out of adjustment

make sure you have all the springs installed correctly. The ones for the bolt release are tricky and hard to install.

next make sure you have the necessary clearances for the safety. you may have to do a little inletting to not be putting pressure on the safety lever

Does your trigger guard have a notch in it for the bolt release. I recommend the Holland trigger guard with notch.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Check your sear engagement first, but is sounds like you might have enough if it is not firing when you disengage the safety.

If its anything like a timney (and I have no idea if it is)

Check to see if there is any spring tension on your pull weight screw. Back off the over travel and if there is no spring pressure returning the trigger forward and its floppy then add pull weight and adjust from there. Once you have increased the pull weight set the over travel stop and sear engagement to desired and within factory advised pull weight and safety check it.
    Last edited by dmaxfireman; 08-07-15 at 07:09.