Thread: To CANT...or not to CANT.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

To CANT...or not to CANT.

Gents-
    About to pop on a Kydex Belt Slide Holster for my G17 & G41. I like Belt Slides, and it has the added advantage of fitting both guns...one holster for two guns.
    My question...what is yalls opinion on the 10 Degree Cant option? The couple holsters Ive used it seemed I had to really "break" my wrist to get a proper grip on the gun, and seemed my draw was slower with those compared to a straight draw. Now, this could be something Im doing wrong...maybe not having the holster in the correct spot on my belt...to far forward, or something else.
    Opinions/Advice...thoughts in general appreciated.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    To take advantage of the cant, the holster should be worn at approx. between 4 & 5 o'clock.

The cant helps conceal the butt of the gun.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaegerOne View Post
    To take advantage of the cant, the holster should be worn at approx. between 4 & 5 o'clock.

The cant helps conceal the butt of the gun.
    I found this to be true as well. I wore a canted IWB holster for a while and found it was best positioned at 4-5 o'clock. If that position appeals or works for you then the cant will work just fine.
    Last edited by donlapalma; 06-30-15 at 00:01.

Feedback Score
    My impression was the cant is for 2 things. one has already been stated ( for the 4-5'oclock pos so you can reach the grip better) and the other is it hides the grip of the gun under your shirt a little better. keeps it higher so its not poking out so much. I carry at 3 o'clock and carry a Glock so that technically should make it even more of an angle and harder to reach but i feel like I can draw at a reasonably fast rate while staying consistent and smooth.

its give and take with everything. i would fit in a 30" waist paint without my gun so I have to work harder to hide the gun.
    know The Basics At A Superbowl Level. (I Think Larry Vickers Said That...)